How many botox injections can you have for fissures?

Botox injections

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

How many botox injections can you have for fissures?

Postby liz61059 » 20 Dec 2016, 17:12

I have had 3 botox injections for my fissures. The 3rd lasted about 6 weeks but now the bleeding, and pain are back full force. I am so tired of hurting all the time. How many injections can you have before you give up and do surgery on yourself? :groan:
liz61059

Topics: 1

Re: How many botox injections can you have for fissures?

Postby SueH84 » 23 Dec 2016, 04:30

Hi Liz
I am so sorry that your fissures are bleeding and giving you pain again. I suppose (in theory) you could have as many repeat botox injections as your doctor is prepared to give you. I think if I had had 3 botox injections and still not show signs of healing permanently, I would ask my doctor about the alternative treatments available. I hope you feel better really soon.

Sue
SueH84
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: How many botox injections can you have for fissures?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Dec 2016, 10:15

Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear your back in pain. My CRS says he would do Botox indefinitely but I guess if after 6 weeks your back in pain then maybe the injections are no longer working for you. I agree with Sue that it might be best to ask what other options there are for you like LIS or flap surgery as no one should have to suffer this amount of pain.
Good luck
MBP
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20