Fissures, Hemorrhoids, more

Please give me some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissures, Hemorrhoids, more

Postby OuchX » 10 Jul 2016, 15:35

I have been reading tons of the Anal Fissure Support forum. Wonderful site, you guys definitely opened my eyes to some new stuff.

I have had Anal Fissures apparently or Hemorrhoids since I was 14 or so. I'm nearly 40 so it's a lifelong situation. Most of my life they healed on their own and I got on with it within a month. They have popped of every now and then. Now I have become housebound for the most part and cannot exercise so they have become extremely ugly. About 4 months ago I began have dreadful constipation I didn't treat and I got another bout that to this day hasn't gone away. Seems aggravated by sitting and any sexual activity of any kind(good lord that just totally sucks for stress)...hard chairs make me go crazy...

As of about 4 months ago:

I got a lot of clenching and soreness when trying to do a BM, which lead me to the assumption I have fissures possibly with hemorrhoids.(there was extensive bleeding at first but I immediately went on Fiber and Stool Softener and that resolved immediately) Though I cannot be sure. I haven't gone to a GI Doctor as of yet. I am not sure I want to unless things get very ugly. They haven't been much help in the past and I've been through 2 Colonoscopies and 1 Endoscopy. I now have also a very ugly hiatal hernia I am trying to treat with a conservative diet and rest(thing effects my breathing it's so bad)

I have tried adding into my diet softer food as suggested. Since I suffer from malnutrition and a myriad of health problems I am not completely eliminating food from my diet that some of you are. Though I am trying to eat food that is less likely to irritate the bowel. I am taking Miralax sometimes twice a day. I am trying to avoid sitting ... but I really have nothing else to do with my time as my legs are very atrophied so laying is annoying. Pillows and other things only help so much.

Today I felt back into my rear and about an inch or so in I felt a small sensitive lump(not very painful) and things are doing a lot better since the Miralax and softer food diet... I am not clenching as hard as I was but I still get a stinging at night deep underneath the 6 o'clock. Particularly after any sexual stimulation of any kind. Or sitting... Two very big triggers... I am really dry ... I bought coconut oil bu tit's not organic so I'm afraid to use it. I'm also afraid to use vaseline up there, I figure it may clog up things. The Miralax tends to dry me out more so I think and

as for using cleaning. I have stopped Sitzbaths cause they caused stinging and used the shower to just wash the area with no soap just the water. I don't know if this is good? I try to use a heating pad and hot water to loosen my muscles and get blood flow.

Anyone have suggestions or can relate? I would love to hear from you thank you for listening.
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fissures, Hemorrhoids, more

Postby pinpin » 27 Jul 2016, 00:53

Welcome, and thank you sharing your experience.
It sounds either like fissure and external thromboses hemorrhoid(lump), but to confirm this you should definitely visit GI or surgeon specializing in such kind of problems.

Meanwhile try to keep with your diet.

Do you also experience any kind of spasm pain?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Fissures, Hemorrhoids, more

Postby OuchX » 01 Aug 2016, 22:57

Initially I had extreme tightness/muscles clenching when having a BM. It got worse and worse with the constipation. The pain was tolerable, mostly painful during the BMs and after sitting or activity that stretches those areas at all. After about 10 weeks now on softeners no bleeding, some days are without pain/itchiness or soreness.

I imagine it's both cause of the bleeding and the time. I have had plenty of hemorrhoids that healed but this sticks. I think it's weakened the anal tissue back there. I sit a lot but now have managed to move my PC equipment and everything to my bed. Taking a lot of pressure off the area. I am hoping over the months now I am never constipated living on Miralax that everything changes. I am down to 135 lbs..which for a 5ft10 male is not very healthy so I got to be a little careful. A GI Doctor may not be possible for awhile.

This is no fun! Should have been more aggressive treating the constipation. This disease for me at least is married to sitting and straining, always has been... Always causes constipation always causes other issues!

Thanks for answering

pinpin wrote:Welcome, and thank you sharing your experience. It sounds either like fissure and external thromboses hemorrhoid(lump), but to confirm this you should definitely visit GI or surgeon specializing in such kind of problems. Meanwhile try to keep with your diet. Do you also experience any kind of spasm pain?
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5