Hi - Anal Fissure Support Forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby Jen » 01 Mar 2008, 17:05

Hi everyone!
I have posted here a few times this week - but I thought it was time to introduce myself!
My name is Jen and I am 28 years old. I have have my fissure for a year. I got it from constipation after my son's birth.
Even though this is an ongoing problem, it is more of a "mental"problem for me. I actually had to get on zoloft to deal with it. The pain is not so bad, however, it USED to be horrific. For about 5 months after my baby was born, the pain was worse than childbirth. It was not until my pain started getting better, that I was finally diagnosed with a fissure. One year, and 5 doctors later (OB, GI, CRS, Family practice), my fissure was diagnosed a month ago. My CRS thinks my fissure looks "almost healed" pretty much all the time. Visually, it looks great and I only have pain with retearing and hard bowel movements. I still have constant anxiety about having a bowel movement, despite the minimal pain. I think this is what causes my spasms and causes the retearing.
I am now on nifedipine. It helps, but I feel if I get off it, my fissure will return. I can't and won't be on cream for the rest of my life. I want the surgery, but as most of you know, I can't get out of school to have it.
I have come so far in the past year...I am praying that since my fissure is almost healed, God will stop these spasms.
Jen
BTW...How does everyone get their photos by their log on names...I can not figure it out to save my life.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Hi

Postby Guest » 01 Mar 2008, 22:05

Yeah, the pain is nothing compared to childbirth. I had two unmedicated births but the last one caused some severe damage to the pudendal nerve which innervates the genitalia and rectum. My damage is limited to the rectum. Babies can really cause a lot of pelvic problems. But yours will heal. You know what caused it and this board has some great tips on how to manage constipation and bms to limit the damage.

Congratulations on your new baby. You must be so busy going to school full time, being a new mom and dealing with this fissure.

I really feel like something short acting like Xanax or valium can really help with the spasms. I know doctors don't like to prescribe that but maybe even something like a muscle relaxant like flexeril would help.

Welcome!

Oh, to host a picture just go to your profile, go to avatars and hit browse to locate the picture you want to use on your computer. I save mine to the desktop as it is easier for me to find. Then hit save.
I also use a photohosting website like photobucket to store my photos and I download them from there too.

HTH! Image

Re: Hi

Postby happyass » 01 Mar 2008, 22:23

welcome jen.
thanks for sharing and introducing yourself.
as i dealt with my fissure and then learned that for women, the chances of women who were pregnant increase the chances of a fissure - i was like what a cruel joke on women - not only do they have to go thru either natural childbirth or a c-section, they also have to deal with a horrific pain in their ass!!!! and y'all got it hard already with flo!
anyway, just hang in there.
i remember fearing going to the toilet. it was always a mixed bag experience but i always was full of anxiety and was just so happy when the bm finished. sometimes, i would come out of the restroom looking like i had an intense 45 minute run on the treadmill......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74