Post fistulectomy and excision of skin tags

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Post fistulectomy and excision of skin tags

Postby pidit » 19 Sep 2016, 15:35

Background:
I am 42 year old lady suffering from a chronic anal fissure for past 13 years since giving birth to our youngest daughter. Initially it lasted for couple of years and then seemed like it healed for 6 years and then has come back. In June this year, noticed the lumps, which the doctor identified as sentinel piles or skin tags. These piles seem to pain a lot at times. Sitz bath does help as well the cream dializm. One lump is large and the other small.

Surgery:
The General Surgeon (GS) examined the site and performed Fistulectomy as well as excision of the skin tags under general anesthesia. I was out of the operation room within an hour and 15 minutes. I am yet to meet the GS post surgery, so I am not sure what kind of fistula it was.

Day 0: Was under pain medication -2 tablets Tramacet every six hours as needed, so pain was manageable. Hubby was at hands to help me get off the bed for pee. Changed gauzes and no stick pad after each pee.
Day 1: No BM, Used a bowl for sitz bath - 3 times daily.
Food: Little milk, prune juice, orange juice, strawberry- blueberry-banana smoothie, bran cereal
Took 2 stool softners - morning and evening. Took laxative in the evening.
Hubby still helping with getting off the bed.
Walked a few steps.
Day 2:
No BM, Used a bowl for sitz bath - 3 times daily.
Food: Little milk, prune juice, orange juice, strawberry- blueberry-banana, peach, pear, bran cereal
Walked a few more steps.
Day 3:
No BM, Used a bowl for sitz bath - 3 times daily.
Food: Little milk, prune juice, orange juice, strawberry- blueberry-banana smoothie, bran cereal, cooked mung
Walked a few steps.
Started getting worried about no BM yet.
Day 4:
Drank warm water in the morning, had BM sensation and then first BM post surgery. Very painful, burning sensation. Perspired a lot. Hubby helped a lot, holding me and helping me clean. Took sitz bath immediately after wards.
Took pain medication still no help at least for 2 hours. Then pain subsided.
Used a bowl for sitz bath - 3 times daily.
Food: Little milk, prune juice, orange juice, strawberry- blueberry-banana smoothie, bran cereal
Walked a few more steps.
Day 5:
No BM yet.
Not able to sleep well.
Pain as usual - still dependent on the pain medication.

Any ideas - how to get sleep, as well as how long the unbearable pain would last and when I will be able to get off the bed by myself again?
pidit

Topics: 1

Re: Post fistulectomy and excision of skin tags

Postby pinpin » 01 Nov 2016, 05:58

Hey,

Thank you for sharing story and welcome. There could be different timeframe for the fresh fissure to heal, depends on resting pressure of your internal sphincter. Pain is normal during BM, but it is important you don't have it for hours after BM. If you do, perhaps you have spasms and these are delaying healing
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good