New to blessed forum. Thank you!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to blessed forum. Thank you!

Postby Guest » 08 Mar 2008, 11:30

I am a mother of three young children, 9 and under. I have been bleeding for about a year and assumed I suffered from hemhroids internally since having them from the birth of my first child. I have been in pain for the last two months and have been incapacitated for the last few weeks. I haven't had a good day yet. Three doctors, a dozen creams and percocet and still no relief. I am going into surgery the first of this week and am nervous. I have no idea what to expect and how long recovery will take. I am so happy to find this forum, surprised, but thrilled!! Thank you!!!!

Re: New to blessed forum. Thank you!

Postby Guest » 08 Mar 2008, 12:50

Welcome to the board! You have suffered a long time. We have some members who have just had surgery and some who are having surgery this next week.

There are so many threads here that will help you get an idea of what to expect during and after surgery but for most it is such a Godsend and has given them their lives back.

Good Luck and glad you found us! Image

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2008, 07:41

Welcome to the board also. I did not have surgery I had Botox shots, but everyone is different and heals differently. Good Luck with your surgery and I hope you have relief soon. Don't be scared there are alot of people that have had this surgery and it has been successful for them. Keep your chin up.
Patty

Postby val » 09 Mar 2008, 12:00

The surgery was a godsend to me and gave me my life back - I'm sure it will do the same for you!
Wishing you the very best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Mar 2008, 14:01

Hi there : ),
I had LIS in December and my fissure is fully healed by now. I was bedridden for the most part during 5 months of suffering from this dreadful condition, so I can fully understand your pain and frustration : ((. Recovery time varies but for the LIS it is usually fast. Most people feel great relief immediately especially if they had strong spasms. I needed only one Perkocet after surgery and my first BM was about 1/10 of a pain of what I felt before surgery - so don't be scared of it - you will be pleasantly surprised ; ) ! I have to agree with Val - LIS was a lifesaver for me so I hope that you will have same experience : )) !!!
I wish you the best of luck and may surgery bring you fast and complete recovery !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby small_flower » 10 Mar 2008, 12:34

Hello,
I am glad that you found the board. I know I was totally relieved to finally have a place where I could talk about my butt issues without being laughed at!
I had surgery last year, and my healing time was about a week. After that week was up I had to go back to teaching (student teaching) but I made sure that I took it easy. Aside for the pain after surgery (I just didn't feel good, groggy, in pain, didn't want to move or eat) I think my biggest fear was that first BM. I got through it though! It wasn't as bad as you would think. After surgery care is key!
A year later I still have some set backs but its only due to my own negligence of the new life style that one must develop. Surgery can help you heal but it certainly isn't a magical cure. Having a fissure requires life long changes, which I am currently trying to stick with.
Surgery was a god send for me though, and I am sure that it will be for you too. I know your scared, but believe me, its going to be worth it. I suggest bringing a pillow in the car to sit on for when you go home though. I didn't do that and it was a rough ride!
Good luck! You'll be fine and happier then ever when you come out on the other side.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby buttgirl » 11 Mar 2008, 10:37

Let us know how the surgery goes. I'll be going in at the end of the week and so is another boardie. We'll be surgery triplets!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2008, 14:34

Welcome to the board, and hope your surgery went well!

Postby happyass » 19 Mar 2008, 07:03

hi there....
welcome and i hope you will feel much better after your surgery.
good luck and keep us posted.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74