Mild discomfort after healed fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby batmanwithaf » 02 Oct 2017, 14:37

Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old male who had anal fissure last year. I went to a doctor and he said I have a "cut" in my anus. The doctor then prescribed me suppositories which helped a lot. It took me about 2-3 months to feel good again in that area.

I don't feel any pain anymore and my stools are soft. But it's not been the same ever since I had the fissure. Sometimes it feels like my bowel system is just broke down. It's like when getting into a small car accident and your car doesn't drive the same anymore.

The problem I still have is the mild discomfort after having BM and wiping my bum. It's so dry after I wipe with toilet paper. I use Wet wipes at home and it helps with dryness. However it sucks when I have to have BM at work because they don't have wet wipes in the restroom. Also I want to travel the world and I won't be able to carry wet wipes wherever I go.

Has anyone healed completely from anal fissure to the point where you felt like you never had anal fissure before? Any permanent solutions to dryness issue I'm having?

Thanks
batmanwithaf
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Mild discomfort after healed fissure

Postby chachacha » 02 Oct 2017, 16:21

I've never found wet wipes to be wet enough, so use regular toilet paper soaked in water. This would be available to you both at work and most other places in the world. You could get some paper from the stall, wet it really well in the sink and then take it back to the stall and do your business.

I healed my fissure through surgery, and have never had a problem since (2 1/2 years ago).
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby batmanwithaf » 02 Oct 2017, 17:16

chachacha wrote:I've never found wet wipes to be wet enough, so use regular toilet paper soaked in water. This would be available to you both at work and most other places in the world. You could get some paper from the stall, wet it really well in the sink and then take it back to the stall and do your business.

I healed my fissure through surgery, and have never had a problem since (2 1/2 years ago).

I use hemorrhoidal wipes. They are very wet and include aloe-vera and vitamin e.

It’s impossible to use toilet paper for that purpose. It tears apart and almost dissolves after wetting.

How does a surgery work for anal tear? And after BM you don’t feel dryness anymore?
batmanwithaf
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 02 Oct 2017, 17:51

I have no problem with toilet paper. I fold it several times and it doesn't dissolve or fall apart. I guess that I use good quality stuff, lol.

I believe that what your doctor calls an anal tear is a fissure, and that's what the surgery addressed.

I never had any dryness at all, but in order to be gentle in the area, have used the wet toilet paper for years, both before and after the surgery.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby batmanwithaf » 02 Oct 2017, 18:20

Ok didn’t think about folding them lol and here in US companies try to cut costs wherever they can so yea toilet paper is probably cheap one too at my work place.

Today I bought wipes with argan oil and some type of butter. I’ll try putting them between my buttcheeks and going to bed. I have an overseas trip coming up and I don’t want to be dealing with any of this while I’m away.
batmanwithaf
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 02 Oct 2017, 18:24

Good luck. I hope that things improve for you soon.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby batmanwithaf » 02 Oct 2017, 18:49

Thank you. I hope they do.
batmanwithaf
Fibre Addict