Time off work?

LIS &Botox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Time off work?

Postby Sniffer9 » 06 Oct 2017, 13:29

I had a LIS 2012 I am due to have the Botox next month. Any advice on how long I will need to be off work for? Also. Very worried about incontinence. I am already slightly inconcntinent when coughing or sneezing with gas and excrament. I also have IBS and problems with my bladder that I have a suprapubic catheter. Dreading the injection. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sniffer9

Topics: 1

Re: Time off work?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Oct 2017, 13:53

Hi, I can't offer much advice as although I have had Botox and LIS I didn't suffer any incontinence. I took off two weeks for both but didn't need 2 weeks for the Botox and could have done with more than 2 weeks for the LIS.
I'm sure if you ask then your doctors will be able to offer some help.
I have crohns and IBS and was offered higher doses of my meds for after the op to try and get more control over my BMs
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sniffer9 » 09 Oct 2017, 14:11

Thanks for the reply. Rang the doctors today and was told 1 to 2 weeks or 2 to 4 weeks if I have the advancement flap. I had no idea they were considering the advancement flap, I thought I was just having the Botox then if that didn't work possibly the advancement flap some time in the future. Really worried about the advancement flap but I suppose it is better just getting it over and done with. I am worried about the time off work, I had a rotator curt repair done in may and had 2 weeks off, then broke both my wrists so work aren't very happy with me at the moment. I also have a tumour in my ankle and find out on Thursday if I will need further surgery. I think I will get sacked from work soon
Sniffer9

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Oct 2017, 14:33

Oh goodness your certainly having a rough time of it. A few people on here have had the flap surgery including suzijank so if you have a look in the search then she wrote a diary about it. It was a success for her.
Really good luck with whatever procedure you have
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20