Week 1 of hell!

Anal Fissures are from the devil!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Week 1 of hell!

Postby Joeyb » 28 Oct 2017, 15:26

Howdy people! I am 47 years old and was diagnosed with an anal fissure by the week ago and had a colonoscopy yesterday. Colonoscopy is free and clear other than the
Fissure. Who in God's name could make something hurt as bad other than the Devil Himself! I have missed most of this week and I do not have much hope for this coming week due to the pain. I was prescribed an ointment this like nitroglycerin for my fizzer. I am taking stool softeners, Metamucil at night and a gentle laxative at night also. What is the expected time that I can foresee going back to work and at least getting through it.

I have read some great post on here and I'm glad I come across this site. Any advice is appreciated!

Joe
Joeyb

Topics: 1

Re: Week 1 of hell!

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Oct 2017, 16:14

Hi joe,
Yes the pain of a fissure is the worst I have ever felt....childbirth was a breeze compared to a fissure. GTN cream worked really well for me stopped me rolling on the floor sobbing in agony within a couple of uses.
I would say make sure you have as many sitz baths a day as possible as the heat stops the spasms by relaxing the sphincter and aids healing.
It will get better and you seem to have caught it pretty early which really does have an impact on the speed of the healing.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Joeyb » 28 Oct 2017, 16:48

Thanks so much! It seems my worse pain is after a few minutes of walking. It really tightens up and spasms. Do you know of a drug that helps relax you as you are walking or working on your feet?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Joeyb

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Oct 2017, 05:20

The only medication that even touched my spasms was gabapentin...but like any meds what works for one person may not for another.
There are others to try antispasmodics never really worked for me but have helped many others
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 01 Nov 2017, 10:23

I wish I'd found this forum in week one! There's so much info on here. I'd second the post that advised sitz baths also I'd get the GT ointment try to catch it before it gets chronic. Good luck
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 01 Nov 2017, 10:23

I wish I'd found this forum in week one! There's so much info on here. I'd second the post that advised sitz baths also I'd get the GT ointment try to catch it before it gets chronic. Good luck
Lizinpink
Salt Bather