New here, in need of encouraging words

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here, in need of encouraging words

Postby Anna-M » 30 Oct 2017, 05:04

Hi, i have been suffering from an anal fissure ever since my skin tag removal surgery about 6 months ago. I live in malta and i’m extremely afraid to have surgery here considering my past experience with the skin tag and the fact that medical care in this country is not known for being great :( is there anyone here who knows if botox is an option in malta? My crs tells me he doesn’t know of anyone who does it. Is there anyone here who lives in malta and can give advice on a good surgeon?
Anna-M

Topics: 1

Re: New here, in need of encouraging words

Postby patience_and_healing » 01 Nov 2017, 00:29

Sorry to hear you're in this state. Hugs :smileyhug: Botox is not offered in many countries, but do the doctors prescribe ointments that could help such as nifedipine and nitroglycerin?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Anna-M » 03 Nov 2017, 02:59

Hi, thanks for your reply! I have tried a cream containing nifedipine. I used it for about 6 weeks and noticed some improvement in my symptoms. At this point i’m not sure if i have a fissure or something else is wrong. I don’t have terrible pain when going to the toilet any more (occasional mild pain). Sometimes i have bleeding. But the main problem is general stinging pain in random places, irrespective of BMs :( it feels almost like some sort of general inflammation or infection. Could this be hems rather than fissure? Any input is much appreciated as it’s pretty well impossible to get a straight answer from a doctor :( i have a colonoscopy scheduled in 2 weeks so hopefully that will provide some answers, but mentally this is becoming really hard to handle :(
Anna-M

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Nov 2017, 05:45

Hi fissures have many different symptoms for many people, I never had pain with a BM at all my pain started about 20 mins to an hour after a BM and rose to absolute agony with the spasms for hours. Some people with a fissure never have spasm pain as their internal sphincter doesn’t react to the fissure.
I have hems and when they are bad they can be very blooming painful and last for hours after a BM with twinges throughout the next few days till they calm down again.
I think once you have had your colonoscopy you will have a much better idea of what is going on as unless a dr can see the fissure or your having serious spasm pain then it can be very easy to miss a fissure and say it’s hems.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20