Private LIS surgery in UK

Private LIS surgery in UK recommendations.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Private LIS surgery in UK

Postby Katie » 19 Nov 2017, 15:10

No pain after you have it the bottox it's self does hurt I'm not going to lie as the area does not get numbed and your awake but only for a few seconds when it's being done you have a pressure test done first with a small tube up your bottom and water etc but it does not hurt I'm under miss pilkington
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 19 Nov 2017, 15:17

Always good to talk to people going through the same stuff and someone in same area
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stuart » 19 Nov 2017, 15:46

Yes good to hear your experiences, thank you I really appreciate it. I am hoping if they do Botox it will be done on Friday when I am under General anaesthetic, but this I am not sure about.
Stuart
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Katie » 20 Nov 2017, 02:26

If your having the clean up op like I had yes I had it done with the op that was my 2nd time of having the bottox
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 05 Dec 2017, 10:24

How did u get on? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stuart » 05 Dec 2017, 18:38

I had the examination under anesthetic and botox, surgeon also cut off a skin tag (somewhere inside). I am not sure if he scraped fissure aswell, I did ask him not to but he said it would promote healing. As I was last to be seen and they were running late, I did not see him after I came round from the aneshetic.
I was in alot of pain after and ended up staying the night in hospital. Since the op I was very sore and BM's were awful for the first week, worse than before op. Maybe because of removal of tag? and a couple of swolen lumps,maybe piles appearing!
To start with I felt the spasms were not as bad, but then they started coming back as bad as before. The last couple of days have been positive with much less pain during BM allthough I have increased Laxido to 3 sachets per day. Also spasms have been less intense overall and lasted less time.
I hope things will continue heading this way!!! Maybe I can be pain free again and get back on with my life?
Stuart
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 07 Feb 2018, 05:50

How are you now? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stuart » 07 Feb 2018, 10:01

Hi Katie
I am doing ok at the moment, have been mostly pain free for about 6 weeks and back at work, this was hard after 3 months off! I have noticed over the last week that I seem to be getting long lasting spasm type pain after BM sometimes, although no where near as intense as before botox. I do not get pain during BM and hope fissure is "cured" maybe, hopefully, possibly?? I do have a small lump near to where fissure was, not sure what this is but it sometimes feels tender.

I do hope you are doing well and the Lis had been successful for you. Let me know, but only if you wish to.

A quick question for you as an experienced reciepient of botox! Do the effects of it wear off slowly or quite fast? I am thinking this is probably what is happening to me as I had the injection about 9 weeks ago.

Stuart x
Stuart
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 07 Feb 2018, 17:10

My first bottox lasted for 3 months then each time I had it the time got less and less the last one I had before the lis only lasted for 6 weeks I'm just over 3 weeks since my lis still healing and praying my fissure will heal in time most people say around the 8 week mark xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Safsaf » 08 Feb 2018, 05:45

Hi Katie where did u have ur lid in uk? Pls let me know ur crs? Hw r u now?
Safsaf