So scared

Worrier

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

So scared

Postby Deleted User 6698 » 04 Dec 2017, 07:53

Not new to colorectal problems, mostly fissures. Have had a lot of surgery but none thankfully for a year or so. I still suffer with the scar tissue though. Like a lot of people on this site had some horrible times. The latest issue is really scaring me though and I am too scared to go to the drs for fear of misdiagnosis. I have a lot of previous experience with this. I have had a sore feeling near but not on the anus. More on skin underneath that area. There is no actual wound or obvious cut to the skin but thinking back there may have been as it was a bit stingy a while ago. Now it just looks as though there is a groove. I am terrified that it may be a tract of some sort. I am not in pain just uncomfortable sometimes when walking or sitting. It is not red or swollen. It may have been a scratch which has healed. I just don’t know. I am so scared that this is the start of something else. Having some really irrational worries. How do people cope with worrying about this area, I wish I could be oblivious to this area again? :thankyou:
Deleted User 6698

Re: So scared

Postby Hopefull123 » 05 Dec 2017, 12:28

First, you need to go to the doctor and check what's happening. Then you can go to another one and see if they the same as the first one if you are concerned of misdiagnosis. Dont wait. Knowing what exactly you are dealing with will give you tools to tackle it. Otherwise things may get worse. I've learned my lesson the hard way. I've toughened up so much since then. Dont let the fear prevent you to take the right actions for your own good.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11