My adventure with this

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My adventure with this

Postby Mr.Fissur » 11 Dec 2017, 15:31

Around 5 months ago I changed my life. Job, city and country to live in...I'm 24 yrs old.

In that period some awful diarrhoea followed by constipation determined an anal fissure (had haemorrhoids before but nothing like this).

In the first 3 months, with pain during and spasm after every bowel, I followed different advices around the internet eating only granola with yoghurt and lots of "rabbit food"*(salads), drinking lots of water.
:noemo:

At some point, I had around 2 weeks without any symptoms and I was happy that everything is gone and obviously I started to include all kind of food from my past usual diet.
Big mistake, my fissure re-opened and the real miserably life started then.

I had pain for at least 4h in the morning after BM and constant little pain during the whole day.I was feeling hopeless, lost lots of weight, continued to hard work, I felt totally down, afraid of next day pain dosage.

I decided to take some time off and went to my home country to see a medic. After talking and being examined by the medic, he gave me one special ointment (plant extracts and local anaesthetic) and informed me that the next option will be manual sphincter dilatation.Being home I started to eat more properly food including a balance between fibre and meat (chicken & fish only), rest a lot and focus on managing the healing process.
Well, the time off period is short so i come back to work after 2 weeks but feeling better, more motivated but still a sceptic.
Re-tear after the first day at work and morning BM. I felt like going crazy and super disappointed, decided to focus all this hate of suffering in hate for the fissure.

Now it's been around 2 weeks and my fissure seems to be healed, can't say the same about the spasm after BM and random pain but the area seems really relaxed and kind of normal.

I decided not to work for a period of time and focus on myself so:
- blender shake, mostly fruits (apples, carrots, banana, any nice combination) plus ginger (get the things going) and oats to not just drink water with blended fruits.
- soups, or better homemade broths with vegs and chicken meat
- yogurt - fat-free - corn flakes
With 2 shakes, 2 soups and 1 yog+corn flake, fruit/veggie snack, min 2L water my bowel is ok.
I also take a half dose of Miralax before bedtime.
I try to never push and take my time (help with the after spasm), squat during BM and shower the area with warm water all the time, 2 ointments to calm the area when needed and during the day, Cicatridina suppositories, coconut oil and Sudocrem, sitz baths and relaxing a lot.
Heat helps, rest and positive mind can get you through this.

I'll keep this diet for another week and get more proper food included decreasing the huge amount of fibre but I am worried about re-tearing the wound.

Not going to see a medic in the acute period of the fissure, eating raw salads and granola (with fat yoghurt has to be no fat if you eat it) like crazy and continuing to struggle at work (as a chef) made my life miserable.
I only see surgery as last option.

This forum helped with a lot of tips and it is so sad but feels so happy to find that many of us, who are impacted day by day by those "little cuts in the butt".
:Rock:
Mr.Fissur

Topics: 1

Re: My adventure with this

Postby Mr.Fissur » 18 Dec 2017, 11:22

Think I have internal hemorrhoids too due new symphoms.

The sharp pain and lots muscle spasms seem to be low now but instead, while I take my treatment (AF creams, Suppositories) the area seems to be more closed and swollen than before.

Have scheduled an appointment with my GP.

I recently added Buscopan (IBS medicine anti-spasmodics) and tried to apply Sudocrem yesterday after a week of absence of it.
Mr.Fissur

Topics: 1

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here