Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 17:50

OK LOL, I have surgery at 11:15 ( oh , they are so funny - 11:15 - ha ha ha, like it is a Switzerland or something and they can be so precise with timing ROLF !!!) . I probably will need to be there an hour earlier and I need one hour drive- so I will have time for "tea time " around 8 am my time - which is 16 th hour military time =4 pm !!!!! your time Image !!!
Yeaaayyy - we will have a "date" bay-beeeeeeee Image Image , two hot chick having cigs Image
Can't wait for that Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 17:55

Oh, thanks Happy XOXO ! That is so kind of you Image !!! We will have to put up some kiddy-picks soon - Kimmy-boy is already ahead of us Image , we should stat digging those albums soon instead of chatting !!! LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 17:56

My computer is crazy today - everything gets posted twice Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2008, 06:08

I have the dentist at 4 pm that day ! we need a slight reschedule???
How are you fixed for 7.30 am - your time - 3.30pm - my time ?
This will give me enough time to get the kettle on and vibe in on our virtual tea party !
It’s a date be there or be square !
:alice:

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Aug 2008, 12:41

That sounds great Tabby : ))) !!! I will probably be a nervous wreck as time gets shorter and shorter before the procedure, so 7:30 is perfect Image !!!
That is going to be one "shaky" cup of tea LOL. I can already hear my cup rattling on the plate when I hold it and than cup bumping of my teeth Image . I will be allowed to take one sip only and that one sip will end up on my t-shirt Image
Fun time my buddy Image
LOVE your baby photo - how adorable !!! Image I can almost imagine all of us "babies" playing together and makeing a racket Image LOL
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Corsi » 19 Aug 2008, 13:06

Jen, beautiful picture :)
Kim :) , yes better to keep it away from this board, we have more than enough with our cute little butts Image I like that we agree on things, but I also think it is OK to disagree. I try not take it personally if people don't agree with me.
I'm back from my manometry test at the CRS, and he could confirm what I kind of knew - that I am a tightass! He concluded that the botox haven't helped me much and that my sphincter is in spasm.
He is a very calm, nice and wise man. He recommends LIS at this point because I have tried Botox, and nitro. He (and this is very reassuring I think), will discuss my case with somebody else and call me back and tell me what will happen. If there will be a LIS, and if he has to wait to do it because of the Botox.
But, he also pointed out the risk of becoming incontinent, if not now, later when I get older. He also talked about other things tthat could happen after surgery. I like that he is honest, and don't paint the picture pink...
I think it is difficult, but what can I do? I have to try something, this is not a good life.
Image Image all of you for being on this board
Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2008, 13:46

I am glad you liked the doctor and have started formulating a plan for the future. I know most people on here have been very happy with LIS. You have to be able to live now.

It is good thing in medicine when they a) have a diagnosis and b) a solution that has good success. So I would think your healing and recovery for this ordeal will be pretty straightforward. Any future risks I think are small compared to being able to live the kind of life you want to now.

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2008, 15:28

Very positive news Corsi Image
I hope the tests were not too painful for you Image
I agree with you Corsi this is no way to lead our lives, seems like everything is on hold just now Image
You have a good attitude and that will get you through this I am sure of it !
Take care of your toosh
x
Fissy - That’s a definite date my freind !! Image
Nerves…. LOL, just wait you til my time is near ! Image
Sorry to read your panic regards the colonoscopy, that would be great if you didn’t need to have it done after all…fingers crossed !!
x

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Aug 2008, 16:44

Hi all XOXO !!!!
Corsi - great news ! I agree with Lecia completely ! Don't forget that they all have to disclose everything so patient would not sue them later for not telling !!! He can not make it "pink" even if he wants to ; ). If you read small print for ANY procedure , you would definitely find even a death as possible outcome - including a tooth extraction.
I said it before and I will say it 100 times more LOL - pray that he cuts it ENOUGH and don't even worry about incontinence . Pray that LIS make you heal , and not that you will not pass unintentional gas LOL.
Tabby - my tries were futile LOL - still have to have rhoto-rooting Image !!!
What the heck - after he called I just relaxed LOL, I guess it is like that with death row inmates - when you know that there is no escape - you make a peace with it Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 19 Aug 2008, 22:24

Corsi -
I think that is great news! Do you know when this will all take place??? I am so excited you got some helpful news! I wish I had a test for my sphincter, but my doc doesn't want me to get it I guess. Everytime I bring up incontinence, he says it won't happen to you. I mean - how can someone be so sure? I am in the medical profession, and I know to never tell a patient something is "for sure". I like him though - he is great to me.
Fiss - You always calm my nerves by saying "Pray he cuts enough". That is reassuring compared to incontinence. I always think that I won't be able to hold a fart in after LIS. I have this fear that I will fart in the middle of a test when it is quiet or fart when I am taking care of a patient and explain to them, "Sorry I farted - I had LIS". I broke my "lab" mirror the other day - I hope that is not bad luck for the surgery. Then my hubby and I went to target to buy another one, and he was making fun of me in the store by trying to look at his butt with the mirror.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39