INTRO FROM ADMIN

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: ---INTRO FROM ADMIN (The originator of this group!!!)---

Postby Pearlstone » 14 Jun 2012, 16:33

HI... this is a life-saver as I have considered suicide. It is just too much sometimes. This is my second bout... I had surgery for both hemorrhoids & fissures many years ago. It was so traumatic... the recovery process so excruciating... and now to have it happening again has made me despondent. I am reading the comments in the forums and am trying to feel hopeful... thank you.
Pearlstone

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 14 Jun 2012, 18:14

You WILL get through this pearl!! I can't imagine what disappointment you feel as this is my first go aroun although a fissurectomy, Botox and still no healing does get me down.
We are here for you!!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby bdawn » 14 Jun 2012, 21:00

I second Suckdiddlyucksflanders! You will get through this Pearlstone. I felt the same way when I had my fissure. I just wanted to die... I'm healed and doing great now and you will be too. I'm sure you already know this but the key to keeping all these butt problems away is keeping a good diet and soft bm's for life. Miralax can be really helpful while suffering and healing. I don't take it often anymore but it was a life saver for me while healing after my surgery.
This is a great place for support. I found this place two years ago. I don't think I could have done it without all the support I found here... God Bless, hang in there!:)
bdawn
Fibre Addict

Postby schoolterp » 12 Jul 2012, 12:28

Hello,
This is my first time posting. I have an anal fissure. It first appeared in 2001. I went to a doctor and he prescribed nitroglycerin cream. It healed and now it is back again. I went back to the doctor and he suggested surgery but I was not ready for that. I am currently using stool softners and drinking more water and using the cream again. It seems to heal, then reopen, and I have to use the cream again. I am glad to see this website!
schoolterp

Postby schoolterp » 12 Jul 2012, 12:40

I have often wondered how long to use the cream and how often. I am glad to see the posts here regarding the use of the cream. It puts my mind at ease.
schoolterp

6 weeks after LIS and still feel fissure

Postby Fernie1 » 30 Jul 2012, 18:36

Hi everyone just joined forum today and so happy I came across it. I had LIS done 6 weeks ago today and I must say the first couple weeks were terrible. I couldn't manage to get soft stools after surgery despite taking a double dose stool softners (pain meds being the culprit of hard stools) and then I battled terrible diarrhea more than once a day. Now after 6 weeks and still on stool softners I have managed to get a grip on BM"s but still don't have that perfect toothpaste smooth BM. Pain from incision almost gone and no blood for 5 days now but I still feel fissure and it still stings and spasms once in while. No pain during BM's but that evil fissure does bother me once in a while when I'm walking or standing. Is this normal after LIS? Am I healing but just slowly? If anyone has experienced this please let me know. So worried LIS didn't work. I hope and pray I'm just a slow healer even though it has been 6 weeks. Image
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby DanMar » 04 Aug 2012, 06:39

Hi My name is Danny and i just had surgery yesterday. I need to know about my first BM Do I remove all my bandages first? Should I soak before and after?
DanMar

Postby FissureQueen » 13 Aug 2012, 07:15

Hi I'm new to the forum and not sure where to post this topic,,,,i started treatment for my AF, Diltiazem twice daily..things where going fine 5th day in, poo pain mina minimized slightly, however i ride a motorcycle and went out for a couple hrs, well....not sure if this was a reaction to sweating in the saddle or not, but my butt is now a complete mess, not only my butt but i started getting this rash very itchy all over the stomach breasts and back...i was out of my mind and ready to go postal..... 1st clinic Doc diagnosed it as a anal yeast infection,....i didn't have the same symptoms as a anal yeast infection i had before,,,he tells me not to take an antihistamine that it would make it worst....day 2 i wake up bawling like a baby, itchy & scratchy from the rash and burning from the bum reaction...2nd clinic Dr. tells me the rash on my body is something different then the burn on my buttocks, few, she prescribes antihistamine and instant relieve is there. My butt on the other hand is WOW one big mess,...thank god not in my bum...it almost looks more like a chemical burn...could this be a reaction from the ditiazem, motor bike ride and sweat.....it still looks awful, heat has calmed down considerably but it still looks like a chemical burn... two lines up both sides of my crack and some on the low cheeks!! Phew....im new here and I hope this is not 2 much information. BTW i stopped the ditiazem treatment as soon as all this other stuff started.
FissureQueen

Postby devi.kodali1 » 22 Aug 2012, 12:53

hi all: suffering a lot from an AF since a week. blood during bm since then is a routine for me. went to see a doctor who prescribed amoxi-clav and mupirocin+ metamucil and colace. no changes in pain and blood. but recently developed itching....wonder if that cud be because of the worms that I might have developed because of Antibiotics. Also applying coconut oil and turmeric there. This AF has stopped all my activities. does itching come becz of worms...can antibiotics cause worms...this is killing me...
devi.kodali1

Topics: 1

Postby mike802 » 05 Sep 2012, 10:10

i have been suffering from anal fissures for about two years.
i had botox injection about a year ago and the injection made my condition worst. the fissures still remained and my rectal muscles feel tight all the day long. my bowel movements are
very painful, even with stool softeners and fiber diets.
i had an mri in may of this year and it showed some pudendal nerve entrapment. my left side levator muscle is
not normal . it has been stretch to the point of constant pain. it has also effect my sexual life. pain in the rectum means no erection for men. its has ruined my life.
mike802