ouch

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: ouch

Postby cherylk » 04 Mar 2010, 16:35

Dee,
I live in nearby Illinois. I like the picture of your (?) dog. I like junk food also--especially chocolate. I ate two chocolate biscottis today, and they were wonderful. It's really not our fault about junk foods. The manufacturers put so much salt or sugar in the foods, and our glycemic index just craves for more! :roll: I wanted to say welcome. My SIL and BIL are right now in Branson!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby dee » 04 Mar 2010, 16:42

boonville--i work in (and used to live in) columbia--when my parents retired they went the other way--florida...
i think we should all sue junk food makers--evil doers :o
yes, the picture i have is of my lovely dearly departed bubby--he passed a couple weeks ago :( --and i started a new job the next week--can stress make fissures worse? Image
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby StevePain » 04 Mar 2010, 16:53

In my opinion, stress definitely makes my pain worse, it can also upset my bowel habits so I end up having lots of BM's then it burns like hell Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Mar 2010, 16:59

Nice, are you in tech by any chance Dee? I haven't seen Columbia since 1988 but have been told it's growing and is something of a technology hub now. I went to Grant Elementary School and used to live right off Providence (I think?) Blvd in the University Heights apartments. Not sure if those are still there.
I think stress can make a lot of things worse. I doubt it does anything directly to the fissure but suppose it could make your sphincter even tighter than usual which may aggravate the open fissure. It definitely won't help :(
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby dee » 04 Mar 2010, 18:57

i work at one of the hospitals--not in tech...there have been tech companies come and go in columbia...
i'm pretty sure the apts are still there and yes providence is the correct name...
i think stress can make bad things even worse--i'm greatly looking forward to my appointment tomorrow...
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby mmb0423 » 04 Mar 2010, 19:42

I agree about the stress thing! I have had bad flare ups when I'm stressed out... one right before graduation, one right before wedding, and my latest a few weeks after the birth of my child. I know stress can make it hard for your body to relax, so my thinking is that it probably doesn't let your sphincter muscles to relax either!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby cherylk » 04 Mar 2010, 21:01

Stress can make anything and everything worse. Steve, do you have IBS???
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Mar 2010, 02:19

Good luck tomorrow Dee!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 05 Mar 2010, 05:39

I'm not sure cheryl, i've had years of bad bowel habits, sometimes I used to go to the toilet anything from 5-10 times a day, then other days was constipated, i've never been diagnosed with IBS or any other bowel disorder (yet) although, when I was having a sigmoidoscopy they said areas looked inflamed/sore but no real conclusion!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 05 Mar 2010, 08:12

Sounds like IBS to me, Steve! IBS is usually the diagnosis after all other possibilities have been ruled out. I have IBS-C.
cherylk
VIP