New here, 22 y/o male, desperately want to be normal again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here, 22 y/o male, desperately want to be normal again

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 10 Sep 2011, 23:19

Hi Rustyelf, is the lump small and at the exit point of the anal cavity and also does it pain when touched, then most probably it is Hemorrhoid. Take care and do not exert pressure during BM
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby rustyelf » 10 Sep 2011, 23:42

Ramchandra Salunke wrote:Hi Rustyelf, is the lump small and at the exit point of the anal cavity and also does it pain when touched, then most probably it is Hemorrhoid. Take care and do not exert pressure during BM

Is this okay? Should I call my doctor? Will it go away if I don't exert pressure during BM? I think my large BM this morning is what caused it in the first place. I am scared to death that I am going to have to have another procedure. How do I treat this?
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby rustyelf » 11 Sep 2011, 08:41

This morning during my BM, I bled A LOT. More than I ever have before or after fistulotomy. I am freaking out. Is this the hemorrhoid? What should I do?
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2011, 11:18

Rusty,
I would definitely give your CRS a call! It's better to be on the safe side.

Postby Deleted User 579 » 11 Sep 2011, 14:47

Hey Rusty - I agree that you should get that checked out. I bled a lot for one or two days after my fistulotomy, but that happened a few days before my follow up appointment, so I didn't have to call my doc. I would have though. It could be normal, but I agree with Dawn that it is better to be safe.
Deleted User 579

Postby rustyelf » 11 Sep 2011, 14:52

I called him, he acted like it was normal. It doesn't feel like it though. Oh well, I'll just try to keep my stool as soft as possible for the next two weeks.
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Postby rustyelf » 28 Oct 2011, 07:12

I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL. It has been almost two months from my fistulotomy and I still am not better. I went for my checkup one month ago and the doc seemed like all was healing fine. It did feel better but it doesn't seem like it has gotten any better since. I feel like I'm doing everything right- two baths/day, good diet. Today I had blood in my stool, the first time in a few weeks.
I just want to heal and I don't know what else to do. The doc told me I only need to come in as needed. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought that I would have healed quicker than this. Should I make another appointment or give it some more time?
Thanks everyone I am just getting frustrated.
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 28 Oct 2011, 14:14

Aw Rustyelf! I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. Image What are your symptoms? Are you in pain? Are you passing pus? Is it only bleeding during BMs? Is it a lot of blood or only a bit on the TP?
I'm four months post-fistulotomy and I still bleed a bit sometimes with BMs. I bled quite a bit two weeks ago and then again about a week ago - a bit like a small nosebleed - and that really freaked me out, so I made an appoinment with my surgeon. I saw him just Wednesday. He took a very careful and thorough look, poked my butt quite thoroughly and told me he was very pleased with how well I'm healing. He told me not to worry about some blood. That is normal after so much trauma and the blood wasn't coming from the wound - it was coming from the hemorrhoidal plexus tissue, which is likely still delicate because of all the trauma. It will take some time for all the tissues down there to get stronger, but I shouldn't worry. Everything is good.
Adam and Summergal recently posted updates, and they also described still bleeding a bit and still passing some exudate/pus. I think they are about three months post-fistulotomy or so. I was also still passing exudate until about a week ago, but my doc says that's also normal.
If you are worried, and especially if you are in pain or passing a lot of blood and/or pus, you should see your doc again. But if you're not in pain, then what you are experiencing may be quite normal. All that said, definitely trust your instincts about whether or not to see your doc.
I certainly understand your frustration! These things to so flippin' long to heal! I know how you feel, buddy. Try not to worry. You will heal and soon all this will be a distant memory!
Deleted User 579

Postby rustyelf » 16 Nov 2011, 10:51

Thanks hopetoheal, that makes me feel a lot better. It has just been a little bit of blood and it doesn't really cause any pain. I just thought it would have healed by now! (2 1/2 months)
Do you know about how long it takes to be 100%? 6 months? I am really getting tired of it. I guess I won't go see my doc unless it really starts hurting or bleeding a lot. Right now it is just uncomfortable, with some blood while passing. There isn't really any pus though.
I have been waiting to get 100% healed so I can start working out and eating a lot, but I may just go ahead and do that any way. I have lost a lot of weight and I would really like to gain it back.
Thank you everyone for your help, hopefully a full recovery is in my near future.
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Nov 2011, 15:30

Hey Rusty! Glad to hear you're doing well and that you're not in pain. I really have no idea how long it takes to completely heal from these things! I'm still getting a bit of blood, usually if I push too much with a BM. My doc said the tissue there is going to be delicate for a while, so I don't let the bleeding discourage me. I think it's a good thing that you aren't getting any pus anymore. I'm not quite five-months post-op, and, since the bleeding is tapering off a lot, I think the 6 month mark would be reasonable - but I won't panic if it takes a little longer. Have you asked your doc when you can start working out again? I imagine that if you ease into a workout routine and don't push yourself too hard, you should be fine. I've started eating quite a bit more food than I could handle before - and I've gained quite a bit of weight! I'd just suggest that when you start increasing your food intake and diversifying your diet, don't forget the Miralax!
Here's to a complete recovery for both of us very soon! :D
Deleted User 579