New here, 22 y/o male, desperately want to be normal again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here, 22 y/o male, desperately want to be normal again

Postby rustyelf » 25 Jan 2012, 14:18

I just wanted to check in on how everyone's recovery was going. How long has it been for everyone and how are you feeling?
It has been almost 5 months for me, and I still am not 100%. There was a point where I though I was really close, but I had a large BM that made me bleed and now I feel like I'm back to square one. It bleeds a little and is uncomfortable all over again. I don't think I can wait another 4-5 months to get back to this point.
Does anyone have any tips/advice? What is the average recovery time?
rustyelf
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 17:13

Hi, rusty -
I'm just writing to offer my support to you.
I've had my AF for 3+ months now. There are varying opinions on whether an AF can heal on its own if its chronic - I know it does happen - but I don't know if that's always the case. Some people opt for surgery and are happy they got it done - others are on the fence about it.
In your case - do you also have an AF, or is it a fistula only? I haven't had a fistula, so I can't comment on the healing time for that - but it just seems to me like the anal area is delicate and takes quite a bit of time to heal from anything wrong down there.
I totally understand your feeling, of not being able to go through another several months of agony. I feel the same way.
Just keep at it - your fiber, lots of water, stool softeners, careful diet. That's what I'm doing . . . don't know if it's making a difference, yet, but I figure it can't hurt.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Jan 2012, 19:54

Hi Rusty
Sorry to hear you are still having a few problems.. I only had LIS 3 weeks ago and after day 5...I felt like I had 3 years ago before my AF!!! No, blood ever, and no pain. Back to doing all my normal things and eating normal food!! I do hope things settle down for you soon. I do know LIS and fistula surgery are two completely different things. Feel better soon!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: New here, 22 y/o male, desperately want to be normal aga

Postby Vishal » 14 Feb 2018, 20:37

dwarfs8 wrote:meanwhile, do make sure that your stools are soft. You don't have to keep using OTC stool softeners, you can also try something natural, such as prune juice, magnesium supplements, high fiber diet (not too much, else bulky) and also apply vit e oil and aloe vera after sitz bath (v impt step as this will help relax ur spasms at the anus and therefore improve the blood circulation). Remember definitely NOT TO STRAIN even if u feel that the stools are firmer then usual. If firmer and u have difficulty, try to pull it back using ur muscles and do ur sitz bath first. After that, drink some warm water and try take a stroll. For me, the warm water seems to relubricate the stools. It's important to BREATHE DEEPLY and let your muscles do their job naturally. Don't push if you do not have enough urge. Wait till u have enough urge. This is what i read from one of the sufferer, and it helps me a lot.
Try let ur body heal by itself. If reoccuring becomes a norm (like me), u may start considering surgery....
Sigh, tat said, i AM STILL CONSIDERING.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2