Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby owmybum » 17 Apr 2013, 13:46

So glad you managed to get a referral for Botox.... You can join me in the waiting game now! Lol
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby JHH » 23 Apr 2013, 07:40

Day 64 on nitro
Having stomack problems. Wake up at 6 o'clock each day with stomack pain. Its also rumbeling and making noices. When I get up my heart is pounding and legs feels weak. Its causing me multible BMs, and lasts for some hours after. Rest of the day its rumbeling, but not much pain. Been like this for nearly 14 days now. Stopped movicol 5 days ago thinking it could be that causing me problems, but it continues. WTF!!!
Anyway, my fissure has been taking a beating cause of this, and Im having a setback. Saw CRS today, and he says fissure is not healing, and Im having botox 15/5.
Im going to continue ointments until then.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 24 Apr 2013, 07:24

Could it be something you are eating?? Or drinking? Are you taking any other fibre supplement or stool softener??
Could it be anxiety??
Hope it has eased up for you
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Apr 2013, 07:48

The stomach pain baffles me... Have u had an ultrasound that could rule out a kidney stone?? I had one 6 years ago and the pain would have me doubled over...... Good luck....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby JHH » 24 Apr 2013, 08:17

Been eating and drinking the same for about two months, so I dont think its caused by that.
Its definitly the stomack/colons acting up. I have more gas, and a bit reflux also. Also nausea.
Dont think its anxiety, since Im woken from it. And besides my BP and puls is normal even when its worst. Never heard of an anxiety attack with a puls of 47...
Really dont know what is going on :-(
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby JHH » 24 Apr 2013, 10:22

Does my tummy problems sounds like IBS?
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby CrackinUp » 25 Apr 2013, 07:16

If I have a really bad IBS attack, my stools end up really tar like and dark. Thought I had cancer the first time it happened, however it was just psychological as I was under a lot of stress at the time. Not ever really had one as bad since.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Ever the Optimist » 25 Apr 2013, 12:08

Hi JHH,
It' really interesting you are considering the IBS connection as this is something really relevant to me right now too.
I'm currently undergoing a lot of stress right now at work and for the last two weeks have been suffering from a lot of the symptoms you describe - I am woken up (also around 6.00 am) by a growling stomach, feel insanely hungry with an urgency to pass a BM. I have had pressure headaches/ intermittant stomach pains (particularly severe prior to a BM) & then they go/ Nausea/ shakiness and feeling jittery/ really bad wind!....I know I am prone to mild IBS as I was diagnosed a few years ago. My BM's are still pretty similar but can be a bit more solid and although fall out easily enough, are heavier and darker in colour. I am wondering if I too am suffering from this at the moment and can't really remember what my original symptoms were as it was a long time ago.....I have also suffered in the past from anxiety attacks but am not getting those anymore. My BP & pulse are also normal as I just had that recently checked. I'm going to do some googling later on IBS and ask my GP tomorrow about this. I am under a lot of stress with work right now - Aside from the fissure, which is a major stress in itself!! - How's your lifestyle right now??? Kidney stones are just too painful, so I'm not sure it's one of those?
I really think this is IBS for me that's returned. Not nice to have to deal with along with your fissure issues....I think it might be worth a chat with your GP on that one?
Good to read that you are in line for Botox!! and sorry the Nitro didn't help. Keep undating and stay strong!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby CrackinUp » 25 Apr 2013, 13:24

I read once that before IBS had it's label it was known as 'nervous stomach' and that describes me perfectly... the butterflies / shock feelings. I think that fissures (in some cases) and IBS are both psychological. Unless you heal your mind, you will never heal your fissure. I think when people finally find that 'thing that works' it relaxes them enough for it to start to heal. This is also why different things work for different people.
I have massive work pressures, and after the fissure now that work pressure is building again realise it was quite nice having a break from it all and just focusing on worrying about my ass. Either way I was going to worry, as that's what anxiety is all about.
For me it's basically a control thing. I am a massive control freak and things at work were beyond my control. So was the fissure at first - it was beyond my control and scared the hell out of me. There is an exception... those with poor diet. But my diet was good and I drunk LOTS of water even before the fissure. My diet was not to blame.
Hope you both heal soon... try to stay positive guys :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby JHH » 25 Apr 2013, 13:30

Ever The Optimist.
I had a really bad day yesterday. The stomack pain was there all day, but got worse in the evening. It was bad enough to keep me awake, and I drove to the hospital 1.30
The doctor examined me, and thought I have an peptic ulcer. Got some painkillers and drove home. I went to my GP today, and he thinks the same, although he did some bloodtests just in case its my liver or pancreas causing the pain.
Anyway, I got some pills thats supposed to regulate stomack acid, so the wound will heal. Time will tell if that will help me...
P.S. Yes, your symptoms matches mine. I have major growling, nausia, stomack pain, shakiness, weakness. Go get it checked out!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH