Severe Itching, HELP

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Severe Itching, HELP

Postby Ititchesbad! » 03 Mar 2013, 11:46

I have been experiencing many issues with my bowel movements (constipation to "explosive" diarrhea) for 2 years and I have been dealing with severe internal anal itching for a year and 4 months. After the internal itching started, I also got external hemorrhoids, 1 year ago. I have tried many different over the counter remedies and diet change, with no real relief. I recently saw a GI doctor who has scheduled me for a colonoscopy tomorrow, though all she did was take a history, and did not do any type of rectal exam. She is the one that mentioned it might be an anal fissure. My questions are; I hear many people on the forum speak of a CRS, I am assuming this is a Colon rectal surgeon? Am I seeing the wrong type of doctor if I do have an anal fissure? By the sounds of the forums, I think I do. The worst part of the problem is the horrible internal itching that feels like something is trying to dig its way out of my butt Image . I didn’t read a lot on the forum about chronic/severe internal anal itching. Has anyone else experienced that? There is not real pattern of when it feels worse, but I do know at night time it drives me crazy and impacts my sleep. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as the GI doctor sounded stumped by my symptoms and history.
Ititchesbad!

Topics: 1

Re: Severe Itching, HELP

Postby marg6043 » 03 Mar 2013, 17:10

Ititchesbad sorry to hear about your itching, yes fissures can itch a lot too, but also internal hems.
Until you get a properly diagnosed is hard to tell where the problem may be coming.
You can ask your GI that during the colonoscopy check for hems and fissures.
Like that you can be prepared after to get the proper doctor for your problems, usually a CRS will do both fissures and hems.
I have experience many symptoms with my fissure including itching but mostly due to the cream to treat the fissure.
Let see what happen tomorrow and keeps us imformed of what the doctor tells you.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Ititchesbad! » 04 Mar 2013, 16:57

I had my colonoscopy and the doctor said everything looked fine. She did a biopsey to see if there is something more that could not be seen. So, now I am really confused. She has prescribed me a cream to use but I still don't have a diagnosis for the itching.
Ititchesbad!

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 04 Mar 2013, 17:31

I'm glad they didn't find a fissure!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby PIA » 05 Mar 2013, 07:40

Not sure if it is relevant. I have had two years of itching down there. Only down one side, of course it settles down if I don't scratch. The only thing that has helped me has been cortisone ointment. Tried antifungals and various creams. Applications of steroid cream daily over a week keeps the flare ups to weeks apart. My symptoms search came up with a condition called lichens sclerosis. My GP just looked quizzically at me when I described the symptoms. Funnily enough I have an itchy spot on my shin on the same side also relieved by the cream. Cheers PIA
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4