Anal fissure? Anal skin tags?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure? Anal skin tags?

Postby Darialuce » 13 Jun 2015, 23:41

Hi. I have had these 2 skin tags ever since i was a kid, they appeared when i had a hard bm. I never really bothered my parents about it since i didn't feel pain afterwards. There was also no bleeding. I'm not sure if i had a tear back then, but i'm sure i don't have one now. I checked. Anyway, i feel this burning sensation during and after a BM. It doesn't last a long time, just a few minutes and i don't feel any discomfort in wearing jeans or sitting. Is it possible that the burning sensation comes from the tags? I mean they're quite small and flappy but kinda bubbes up when i have a BM. And goes right back in, but not all the way through, they're kinda pink in color. Should these tags be removed? I don't see any problem with them, but just to be safe. What do u guys think?
Darialuce
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure? Anal skin tags?

Postby msimon » 14 Jun 2015, 02:35

Hi Darialuce. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are afflicted with this awful pain we all know so well but glad you found this place. The people on here are really supportive and knowledgeable.

Do you have access to a Doctor, a colorectal surgeon is best, because not all fissures are visible from the outside and you may indeed have a tear higher up that is causing you your trouble. Also, fissures don't always bleed, in fact, mine rarely did. Skin tags can be removed if bothersome but many on here advise against it as when they remove tissue in that area it can cause a condition called anal stenosis, which can lead to repeat/chronic fissures because the anus can no longer open properly for a BM. Also, often the act of removing skin tags often just causes more to form. It's the body's response to trauma down there. I really think you should have a Doctor take a look though, it can be really difficult to know what is going on down there otherwise.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Darialuce » 14 Jun 2015, 03:26

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to see a doctor, but I honestly don't want to. I mean for me it's not that bad and I don't want to spend much money on visiting a doctor. I do have more questions though, is it possible that this is a chronic fissure? If so, is it life threatening? Your answers will truly be appreciated and i hope they will put my mind at ease. I mean i do have this since i was a kid, i can't even remember when.
Darialuce
Fibre Addict

Postby jlm1 » 14 Jun 2015, 07:00

This is not life threatening at all. However, it can be very painful. I would follow the above advice and see a doctor. Definitely a CRS (colorectal surgeon) You do not want this slight burning to turn into anything more. Do youself a favor and see a doctor. You will probably feel better after
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Darialuce » 14 Jun 2015, 09:06

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm going to have to pray hard, not just for me but for you guys as well. I'll seek guidance as to what i need to do. This won't be the first time that God would help me with health issues :) God bless you all.
Darialuce
Fibre Addict