Medals, Groups, Ranks update

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Medals, Groups, Ranks update

Postby pinpin » 03 Oct 2013, 00:45

Hello,

Several topics to discuss and possibly introduce

1. Medals
As you might notice on another boards, there is possibility to introduce Medal system where Medal are assigned to members for special contribution to board. To introduce this we have to decide on design of medals and rules they will be assigned. Medal image will be visible in member profile.

2. Groups
There is possibility to introduce groups, where each of member can enter in. For instance "Healed", "Suffering", "Preparing to surgery", "Back to Normal" and etc. There should be possibility to be in several groups in the same time. Group picture will be visible in member profile.

3. Ranks
Currently we have got following ranks, which can be recreated/redesigned. Also there is possibility to introduce ranking showing up pictures.

Newbie 0
Fibre Addict 5
Salt Bather 30
Proctosphincteranalogist 100
Fissureologist 400
King Fissure 500

Please let me know your thoughts and comments!
:afsmile:
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Medals, Groups, Ranks update

Postby pinpin » 19 Oct 2013, 14:22

Up!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby pinpin » 29 Oct 2013, 13:37

Anyone up for medals?
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 29 Oct 2013, 14:21

Hi Igrik

I can only speak for myself, but perhaps keeping things simpler
like the old site is what others really want here. These are all
great ideas though we have to remember, others are coming
here looking for one thing only, relief (along with the comfort
of confiding with others etc).

I sensed that just from seeing how many actually participate
in the quizzes and games section. Just trying to figure out
myself why there aren't many responses to these and other
similar questions.

Perhaps with this post a few more will care to chime in on
what they think. But perhaps for the most part others will not
even venture to look at this thread as their bottoms continue
to burn like fire.

I'm brainstorming with you Igrik, I hear you buddy, keep the ideas coming.... :D
Deleted User 2950

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Oct 2013, 08:52

I actually read igrik's suggestions all the time, but I am more of a lurker here. I don't feel (after about 4 years) that I am knowledgeable enough to give much support anymore (and the scope of this board has changed to include things like fistulas and hemmorhoids which I *really* don't know much about) and I feel that those of you who are actively involved (more than I am) can give better support than I could. As for responding to igrik (and other mods/admins) I really feel like this board belongs to each of you and I'd rather you guys put your suggestions and comments/replies out there than mine since I'm just here to lurk and play games, lol... :superrabbit:

But, that said, I hope you guys ALWAYS keep the "super bunny" smiley and especially the sun smiley because they mean a lot to me... :sunny:
Deleted User 5

Postby owmybum » 30 Nov 2013, 03:46

Igrik.... I must say I'm not a fan of rewards and things.... I think it turns things into a bit of a competition to be honest. People come here when desperate for advice and info... And long timers come here for support and familiar "faces" . I prefer to keep things simple and competition out of here..... But that's just me.

:+++:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Mood: UGH !

Postby pinpin » 30 Nov 2013, 06:44

Okay, probably once we will be healed, we have to make another some "positive mind" board :)

:smilyhug:
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2013, 13:16

Have to agree with buttastic and owmybum. When people come here it is in the first instance simply to fnd a solution to their pain, when they have been totally unable to find an answer. I know that is how it was for me. I could not have cared less about what was going on here, only about relief from my constant pain! I like the site as it is now, simple and easy to navigate. We have a Success Stories for those that want to share their stories of healing, so think that is important. I think the Thanks feature you added igrik is all that we need.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2013, 13:19

By the way, we still have the VIP feature that comes from the Anal Fissure Edit Board days, which was made for those who give a special contribution. Just the admins and mods have not said much about it recently.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby pinpin » 01 Dec 2013, 05:53

I completely relate and it is ok. My business is to offer something nice, and not all ideas should go through of course!

Btw, I saw Wiki chapter on another health forums describing condition with much more information than Wikipedia. A good example is crohn forum. I can build something like this easily!
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator