Where are you?

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Where are you?

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 10:03

I notice that a lot of folks on here seem to be from other countries. Without being too specific, I thought it would be fun to see where we all are with a little more info about our area:
For example, Bambi lives very near, but not in, Boulder, Colorado. It is sometimes referred to as "the People's Republic of Boulder" and is quite beautiful!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Where are you?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Nov 2010, 13:06

I live in the "Republic of California" Image Previously in Los Angeles, now in the San Francisco area.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2010, 15:58

I live in Florida, near Ft.Myers but in a much smaller in the middle of nowhere town...

Postby StevePain » 16 Nov 2010, 16:04

Jeez you guys, I live right across that big old pond in the UK (Blackpool), it's currently cold here as we're heading toward winter Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Nov 2010, 16:18

Steve: DUDE, isn't it cold in the UK all the time??? (sorry couldn't resist :))
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 16 Nov 2010, 16:30

LMAO NG... It is... Hot summers are far and few between here, wish I was the other side of this pond lol
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 16 Nov 2010, 16:59

Bambi,
I am soooo jealous of you. I attended CU one summer and studied geology. Also worked one summer in Estes Park during my college years. I love CO and the mountains.
Dawn,
So many of my golfing friends go to FL during the winter months, many to the Ft. Myers area. Image
As for myself I'm stuck in the Midwest and probably will be for the forseeable future. Think "Land of Lincoln."
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 19 Nov 2010, 01:04

Cheryl-
I do feel lucky to live here! I grew up in South Texas, but married a Denver boy- he was not so fond of the weather down there. I actually used to work in Estes Park for 5 years about 25-30 years ago . We lived in Loveland at the time and so I drove the Big Thompson Canyon each day.
Dawn- we are trying to plan a road trip to Florida in late February or early March. Fort Meyers sounds like a great area- aren't you near Sanibel and Captiva Islands?
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 07:29

Yes, Ft.Myers is a great place- right near Sanibel and Captiva. All the sun-fun you would want! I live about a 45 min. drive from Ft.Myers.
We usually go to Marco Island- near Naples and stay in the Summer. I have a huge family and they all love to fish! So, we all go down there for about 2 weeks to a month and stay. The kids love it! Image

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2010, 08:29

Dawn,
All those Florida places sound GREAT!! I have heard so much about Naples, Marco Island, Sannibel, and Ft. Myers. I've only been to Miami on business while I was working, Fort Lauderdale (liked it), and Pompano Beach when I was in college. I did not like being in warm weather at Christmas, however. Just didn't seem right. We went deep sea fishing on a boat that winter and most people got seasick, but my dad and I didn't! So many of my friends go to Florida in the winter and continue golfing which I cannot do here in the winter, of course. Image
Bambi,
My son loves CO also. He has gone skiing there in the winter. Where did you work in Estes? I know the place basically shuts down during the winter (and opens up in the summer)!!
Last edited by cherylk on 15 Dec 2010, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46