streaks of blood

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

streaks of blood

Postby scaredritz » 04 Apr 2017, 10:21

For the past few days i hv been hvng blood on tissue paper after wiping, not a lot but visible. However, yesterday i saw blood on the stool while today it was streaks of blood on the stool and also on the toilet paper after wiping. i am hvng no pain , during or after BM but a slight burning/discomfort for a few hours. i can see lumps on my anus, so i m guessing hemmrhoids-though not sure external or internal.
Unable to load pictures here somehow- may be i m doing something wrong here.
the blood is freaking me out, cos my stools are soft and do not require any straining.

Pl advise and help me out. is there any way one can identify if they are external or internal, sso that they cna be treated accordingly?

thanks a ton..
scaredritz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 13

Re: streaks of blood

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Apr 2017, 10:44

Hi I would always say to go to a doctor after getting blood but it def sound like it could be hems or a fissure.
I have hems and have had tiny spots of blood on toilet paper to lots on the stool itself.
It's best to make sure which it is though because hem cream does absolutely nothing for a fissure. If it is hems the discomfort you feel after should go in a few days especially if your stools aren't to hard or to liquid
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20