Hemorrhoids?

Have fissure, now possibly hemorrhoid too

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hemorrhoids?

Postby Bum_UK » 23 Apr 2017, 05:27

My anal fissure recurred close to four weeks ago. My GP prescribed diltiazem and I will have used it for three weeks on Tuesday. I have been doing better with significantly less pain from the fissure. I generally have three or more BMs per day and always have. I lowered my dose of Movicol to two sachets per day but started getting the severe pains with BMs again as soon as the BMs got slightly formed. I had four BMs yesterday and have had four so far today (it's just after 11am). My anus felt normal, or as normal as it has previously, when I applied the diltiazem around 6.40am this morning. I felt uncomfortable around 9am and decided to apply a small additional amount of diltiazem cream. I then noticed a fairly large smooth 'bump' on the side of my anus. It is difficult to assess the size but it feels like it's possibly around 1cm. I've booked an appointment with the GP for Tuesday morning but I hope to be able to get an appointment tomorrow as this is something completely new. I'm slightly freaked out for obvious reasons as I'd rather not have yet another bum issue. I'm wondering whether it's a hemmie but I guess I'll find out when I see the GP. I'll ask for a referral to a CRS as I have Bupa insurance (I'm in the UK) and I'd like an expert to assess me.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15