Painful return of hemorrhoid(s)

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Painful return of hemorrhoid(s)

Postby willyspanilly » 29 Apr 2017, 11:17

Hello, I am new to the forums and am reaching out for some advice/support. I am a 30 year old male with no real health issues other than a painful hemorrhoid. I was first diagnosed with this about 3.5 years ago and was prescribed some Proctosol 2.5% cream, and given the usual advice to drink more water, increase fiber and exercise. It was painful beyond words, but eventually after a few weeks it disappeared. It has made a return unfortunately and is causing me a good deal of pain. It started about two months ago, and I knew immediately what it was and started a regimen to try to counter it before it got bad. Well, it still got bad. I've had incredible pain for the past week or so now following a bm. I made an appointment with my doctor when I saw blood in the toilet. He told me it was hemorrhoids (without doing a physical exam of the area) and recommended the same thing I was already told and doing. My regimen has consisted of drinking around 3 liters of water per day, taking psyllium husk caplets throughout the day, and taking 4 butchers broom capsules per day. Yesterday I was able to go with no pain, just minor itching that subsided after about an hour. Today, they're back with a vengeance. The proctosol works almost immediately, but by the time I'm dressed and washed up, the pain is back. Any advice on maybe how much to use, or if the prep h suppositories work? I started that this morning as well.

Thank you in advance
willyspanilly

Topics: 1