Hemorrhoid removal and botox injection

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hemorrhoid removal and botox injection

Postby Negativepitch » 04 Jun 2017, 04:37

Hi First post.
I have had hemmrroid removed before, but this time they cut off the blood supply of the one I have just gone in for.
They also gave me a botox injection to help stop the straining.
I have had the injection three days now and the only way I can go to the toilet is by still straying as if to get around the botox area, which feels as if it is swollen.
During my bowel movement the area is very painful as I still have to strain as if to get around the injection area.
I am taking a stool softening medicine.
Is this correct? how long will the botox last for? as its painful to go to the toilet.
The pain also stays with me for quite a while after I have finished going to the toilet.
Thanks for any replies.
Negativepitch

Topics: 1

Re: Hemorrhoid removal and botox injection

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Jun 2017, 07:42

Hi
You are probably just a bit swollen from the injections and them messing around down there. I had Botox and was in pain for about 5 days then it started to kick in and the pain went.
Botox can take anything from 24 hours to 3 weeks to gets its full effect but trust me you will notice a difference once it does.
Hope you feel better soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20