Is it an Internal hemorrhoid-rectal pressure

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Is it an Internal hemorrhoid-rectal pressure

Postby MommaTom4 » 30 Jun 2017, 15:17

I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago that showed internal hemorrhoids as the cause of my constipation. I have had issues with them in the past, but usually just for a few days and miralax and prep h is enough to deal with it ok. I have had a few prolapsed outside that have gotten quite large before, and they definitely take a while to heal.

Last week, I was constipated for a few days and used miralax to clean out and I did. It has been completely soft since then, but right after I cleaned out I noticed this rectal pressure that never really went away unless I was upright and walking. Felt like there was a rock in my rear. It still feels like pressure almost like there was still poop in there, but when I tried to go, nothing came out. Next morning, normal soft bowel movement, no straining, but still that pressure remained. I used prep H for a few days with no change so I went to see my dr. She didn't examine me, but said based on my symptoms and the background, it truly sounded like an internal hemorrhoid that's swollen and aggravated. She prescribed me anucort suppositories and I've been using them twice a day for 3 days. Still no relief. Still feel the same. Again, when I'm walking around doing stuff I almost don't feel it at all.

Do I just need to give the anucort more time? Does this sound like an internal? Dr said she would see me again in a week if it wasn't better. I don't have health insurance so we have to pay out of pocket, so I really want to figure this out without having to investigate further if possible.

You guys are the experts as far as experience, so hoping someone here has some input or advice.
MommaTom4

Topics: 2

Re: Is it an Internal hemorrhoid-rectal pressure

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 29 May 2019, 20:22

I am experiencing these same symptoms you describe in this post! I know it’s been a while since you posted but I am wondering if you ever figured out what exactly what it was you were dealing with and if you hopefully healed and feel better.
Deleted User 7692