Had infrared coagulation

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Had infrared coagulation

Postby William2 » 02 Nov 2017, 05:25

I got much worse Wednesday. Now I get sharp pains during bms, and I saw blood today. I've been very uncomfortable sitting, and now I have to drive the hour and a half each way to the doctor by myself because my wife had to go out of town suddenly.

I can't help but worry about a fissure. If I have one, I don't think I could handle it.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24

Postby William2 » 02 Nov 2017, 15:00

CRS said no fissure, which wasn't a huge surprise. However, he also said that the three hemms shrunk and are now grade 1. He (and I) are confused about the cause of my pain. He's sending me for biofeedback, and wants to do a colonoscopy.
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 17 Jul 2018, 13:29

I’ve been reading up on your progress. Any new information? I seem to be in the same boat here. Thanks IA
Deleted User 7275

Postby William2 » 06 Aug 2018, 18:45

Update summary:

The first round of IC didn't help at all. In fact, I got worse when I optimistically stopped taking a sitz bath before my BM.
The PT and self-dilation seemed to help reduce my pain later in the day, but didn't solve the problem. I've concluded that anything that stretches the muscles down there seems to help (temporarily), including digital exams or anoscopy.
The second round of IC definitely helped reduce the pain during a BM, and my pain later in the day lessened. The problem still existed, much to my CRS's confusion.
I've had a third round on the hemmy closest to the location of pain. It has definitely helped as well. Some days, I have virtually no pain during my BM, but usually some sharp pain immediately afterward. I also have been able to sit pain-free many days. The pain on any particular day seems to be somewhat random, but definitely triggered by the BM.
I'm pretty sure that it is pudendal neuralgia that is somehow affected/caused by the hemorrhoids.
I've gotten approval for an MRI, but I'm a bit concerned about the contrast chemical. There have been many reports of mental effects.
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist