External hemmie???

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

External hemmie???

Postby Jen » 07 Jul 2008, 21:54

I feel really good. I have had no pain or bleeding for 3 months. The doctor said he removed a my internal hemmies with the rubber banding, but I was wondering about external hemmies? Is it possible to have an external one without having any internal ones? Sometimes (with my mirror) I can see a silverish/whitish/bluish line. It does not hurt at all, and I always thought it was just an odd color fissure scar. I have had this for a while now. Anyways tonight it had some inflammation around it (not painful), and it was red. Too me, it looked like what an external hemmie should look like, however, I have never seen one. It was just red and swollen.
I think I am going to make an appointment with my CRS one more time, just so I can get his opinion.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: External hemmie???

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jul 2008, 22:01

I guess it is a good idea - always check if in doubt ! Sorry that it is happening : (, and I hope that it is not an infection or something like that : (((. Let us know how it went !
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 07 Jul 2008, 23:01

Thanks Fiss! I am going to make an appointment, but it won't be for a few more weeks because I am not in any pain.
I am not even concerned that this is an infection. I have never felt better! I think if it is anything it is an external hemmie. I just don't know if that is possible with my internal hemmies being gone now. If it is an external hemmie, it can stay as long as it does not thrombose!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jul 2008, 23:52

Oh dear Jen- I don't trust butts any more : ( ! They can do the weirdest things and without any provocation Image and contrary to any logic :pale: .
Take care friend !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2008, 10:03

I have the same thing and it is the scar from the surgeries. I think if you had a thrombosed hemorrhoid you would know it for sure. It would hurt you beyond distraction. But I think it really makes sense to get it checked out just for your peace of mind because these things can just worry us to death wondering what will it turn into.

Postby Jo » 08 Jul 2008, 14:41

Hi Jen,
Hope things are feeling good for you. Sorry I have been slow to respond, first traveling then a very annoying computer virus! I am still not sure if it is gone, I may have to go get a new computer!!!
I certainly think you can have an external hemmie without the internal ones, I guess a visit to your Doc would give you all the answers and you would give you some peace about it. Glad it isn't hurting you, but it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.
Sorry you haven't had much time off for school. Must be hard to keep going over the summer. Glad you get some time off in August. When do you finish your degree? I did try nursing while in college, but my nursing instructor kind of scared me off. Guess I wasn't meant to be a nurse.
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jul 2008, 14:50

Jo, have you tried downloading and using "Spybot Search an Destroy" and "Adaware" to see it they will help with the "virus'?"
Deleted User 5

Postby Jo » 08 Jul 2008, 15:59

Kim,
thanks for the suggestions. I have downloaded Kaspersky anti-virus for a 30 day trial. Guess someone clicked on something they shouldn't have. The anti virus has found 50+ trojan/virus but I think it keeps hiding. It is really nasty virus, I think alot of it has been deleted but it is still there. I am not sure if the computer is worth taking in to have "fixed". The computer store suggested the Kaspersky, guess I'm not feeling very smart for letting Norton expire...
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jul 2008, 16:02

Turn off your system restore, then start your computer in safe mode, then run the antivirus.
You still need "Spybot Search and Destroy" and "Adaware" even though you run an antivirus. They all look for different things...
Spybot
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?hhTest&tg=dl-20&qt=spybot%20search%20and%20destroy&tag=srch
Adaware
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?hhTest&tg=dl-20&qt=adaware&tag=srch
Deleted User 5

Postby Jo » 08 Jul 2008, 18:47

Thanks so much Kim,
I now have downloaded Ad-Aware and scanned and it found lots more stuff. I did the virus protection in safe mode but will now do the Ad-Aware in safe mode. I really appreciate your advice.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist