Mezavant/mesalamine withdrawal?

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Re: Mezavant/mesalamine withdrawal?

Postby GilmoreGirl » 18 Feb 2017, 12:04

Ugh I'm fed up!!!

The amitryptiline is making no difference pain wise and now I am really backed up. Often some pain is relieved by a bm (although it returns quickly), and NOT going is just making the pain build.

I will keep the miralax and morphine levels low, and cut out the amitryptiline...I'd rather have D again than this pain. I'm exhausted, and I hate to say it but I keep having horrible thoughts. Even if I have LIS and some pain is removed, I don't want to be stuck with the messed up painful system forever...I never had this pain before from ibs, all day everyday 10 days and counting
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Feb 2017, 07:08

Hi Hun,
I take psyllium and can only have a maximum of two tablets a day otherwise I get awful cramps and at least 4 BMs.
I would say that when I had a Bristol 3/4 BM the pain from the incision site was minimal more of a discomfort but that went up massively when I took too much codiene and Valium and got constipated as I ended up tearing a stitch. I guess in essence it's very similar to a fissure but without the agony of spasms and my incision pain went at about week 6 after LIS
Don't worry Hun I remember the days where my only solace was this forum and it's lovely members.
You will feel so much better after LIS even if you can't get your BMs perfect....I haven't managed it and I'm at least 80% better 99% better when I have a good BM.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 19 Feb 2017, 07:20

Thanks mpb!

That makes sense to me thanks - I know I can avoid those large bms, so that's good. I very rarely have them, and taking miralax seems to work, even if it does give me cramps.

I've cut down the morphine and miralax and did not take amitryptiline and this is the first morning that pain did not wake me up. I think I will ask if they can try a different pain killer after the surgery - oxycodone or tramadol or something that maybe my system won't hate so much.

I haven't been taking any fibre at all - with the morphine/miralax combo I don't seem to need it, and boy you're right it makes me cramp up too!

Tired of this tradeoff between sore sore butt and cramps from the pain killer regime - but for now I'll take the butt pain. I can lie down on my side and watch movies and feel ok, and knowing LIS is coming eventually makes that a little easier to do.

Thanks as usual mpb, and I am so crazy happy that you are doing better!!!! Hugs!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 19 Feb 2017, 11:40

Hahah I spoke too soon - very loose bms this morning. Not quite in the full swing of D like I had before but still burns lots. Ditching the miralax completely today and keeping morphine the same. So complicated ugh,
But yes hopefully LIS will mean that I won't have to be taking anything for pain eventually
GilmoreGirl
VIP