Anal Fissures and IBS.

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Anal Fissures and IBS.

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 09:24

I went to a GI doctor the other day because I feel like my stomach is having problems. When I told her the story of my AF and how I can't seem to get the front end of my stool soft and often feels like just a little bit is left behind when I'm done, she said that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
After researching this a little, I do believe this is what I have and it was brought on at first by the stress of the AF and not knowing what it was and then by the stress of my PCP's numerous misdiagnoses. Add on the regular stress of life and I think all the stress brought it on.
I know even up to the last few days I still have the issue of a hard front stool and I actually think all of the insoluable fiber is making my stomach pains worse. I can share with a 100% certainty, in my case anyway, that taking 300-400 mg of magnesium a day, 100 mg with each meal, has helped me a lot. After reading up on magnesium a little more, it appears to be a natural constipation remedy.
Anyway, I wanted to give fellow board members a heads up in case this "food for thought" might help them. I share this because some of us may be treating the symptoms (constipation) and not the cause (IBS).

Re: Anal Fissures and IBS.

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 09:53

Yes, I have heard of magnesium for use in constipation and bowel problems. It can help relax the bowels to ease bms.
I think stress does add a lot to IBS and the development of this problem. I never noticed bowel problems but the more I stressed about it and thought about it the more problems I seem to have.
Remember the good ol' days when you just went to the bathroom?
Have you tried acidopholis or probiotic supplementation. That seems to help me a lot.
Thanks for the tip and info, Chris.

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 11:33

Lecia,
Thanks for the recommendation. I am thinking about looking into probiotics.
Thanks!

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 21:26

Thanks Chris. I think I might try the magnesium supplement. I have not been diagnosed with IBS, but I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I know I hold a lot of my stress in my rear end, lol. Sometimes those front stools can really be a doozy!

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007, 23:03

How do I get this magnesium supplement?? I am potassium deficient and I think also magnesium-is there a blood test for this.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Jul 2007, 06:40

Magnesium supplements can be found at your local drugstore vitamin section.... I take one every day!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 05 Jul 2007, 20:12

along with probiotics, look into macrobiotics!
just thought i would throw that out there!!!
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby lefthanded » 26 Nov 2013, 02:39

My partner takes a magnesium product called Magnasorb. Our ARNP recommended it for her migraines, and it became a part of her prophylactic program to reduce and prevent migraines. This particular product is supposed to be highly bioavailable. Not all magensiums are alike, and a little research can help you determine which ones will help and which ones might be a waste of time and money.

Magnesium can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotic therapies and must be taken at intervals hours away from when the other medications are taken, making it tricky for some people.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Victoriagirl » 20 Sep 2016, 15:27

I don't know if I have IBS but I can go to the bathroom up to 3 times a day....not so good with my AF. Any solutions on how to keep stools soft (i'm using a stool softner) but NOT go 3 times a day??
Victoriagirl