Crohns/Colitis

General information

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Crohns/Colitis

Postby pinpin » 16 Nov 2013, 13:24

Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are both major categories of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). IBD affects an estimated 1.4 million Americans. These chronic diseases tend torun in families and they affect males and females equally. While IBD can affect anyone, caucasians are more likely than other ethnic groups to have IBD.The diseases are especially prevalent in Jews of European descent (Ashkenazi Jews). African Americans and Hispanics in the United States areincreasingly affected.

Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract and may affect any part from the mouth to the anus. Read more about the signs and symptoms of Crohn’s disease.

Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory condition limited to the colon, otherwise known as the large intestine. Read more about the signs and symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
http://www.ccfa.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Crohns/Colitis

Postby Heath » 12 Feb 2017, 07:43

I have been newly diagnosed with Crohn's disease 2 months ago. I've been doing some research an have just figured out the pain and bleeding I've had for the past 4+ years is an anal fissure. Now I know what it is what should I do about it? If there's a way to get rid of it I really would like to it's been horrible!
Heath

Topics: 1