Vitamin E and fissures and sore rectal/anal area

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Vitamin E and fissures and sore rectal/anal area

Postby suggi » 03 Nov 2014, 11:57

Would Vitamin E ointment that also contained wheatgermoil and aloe vera burn an alreaqdy irritated anal/rectal area. Not too concerned if i9t burns the fissures but don't know if I could stand everything burning more than it does now.

I also bought cocconut oil - would this be better to try after a BM? Ned something to sooth as it even feels swollen inside aqnd
I can't see the CRS until 11/11.

Thanks much. Oh, I am so sore and not sure if it is from an allergic reaction or what is going on.
suggi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Vitamin E and fissures and sore rectal/anal area

Postby Savaici » 03 Nov 2014, 21:44

I found that just about everything I tried, I had a reaction to. That includes all that you've mentioned above. The best for me is soaking in a Sitz bath and using Vaseline (only externally). I also use wet warm sterile gauze pads to clean after a BM. They are from a company called Healthy Accents. I also rarely use any type of soap product.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby suggi » 04 Nov 2014, 12:09

Thanks - ened up getting coconut oil atoo and only tried that - believe it or not just putting a little up with a gloved finger has relieved some of my horrible raw soreness all over the rectal/anal area and the fissure to the point I can at least function somewhat. Not a cure but it helps a little. Think I'll hold off with the Vit E and just use the coconut oil til I see the CRS. I imagine he will make me bleed with the anoscope so hope coconut oil is OK to get in the blood stream. So far I have not had bleeding in that area but it is only a matter of time with Crohns and I am pretty sure the crohns colitis moved down there and that is the problem,
suggi
Fibre Addict

Postby suggi » 18 Dec 2014, 00:22

Savaici - How do you do it not using soap?? I wanted to try that but got scared I would end up with a UTI because of my prolapsed urethra - the water running down the back to the front area in the shower. I have been using fragrence free baby wipes if I have a BM during the day that is not messy or pasty - otherwise I have to jump in the tub and use my "Mommys Helper shower holder that has the water hitting me only from the waist down and use my Neutrogena fragrence free soap to wash the back door.

I have to look up the wipes you mentioned in your post. Thank you. Also please let me know re not using soap and I would love to do that.
suggi
Fibre Addict

Postby suggi » 18 Dec 2014, 00:26

Anyone - how do I thank someone????? Not in the Q&A section.
suggi
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 18 Dec 2014, 02:12

Click on the thumbs up button on the top right of your post.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64