Dr. Jeanne Yu - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

And Dr. James Myers

A place to post your experiences with your doctor/surgeon for others searching for a great doctor!

Return to Tell us about your doctor

Dr. Jeanne Yu - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

Postby Jbl22424 » 09 Jun 2014, 18:07

I wanted to post about my wonderful doctor, Jeanne Yu, from the Sacramento Colon and Rectal Surgery Medical Group in Sacramento, CA. If you live in Northern California, I highly recommend her and this group.

Dr. Yu gave me my life back after suffering with a nasty anal fissure for four months post-childbirth. She was patient with me when I overstayed each of my appointments with a list of 20 questions each time. She answered my questions very candidly and I appreciated her honesty. She has a great sense of humor and puts you at ease during each visit. She was very supportive of my efforts for conservative treatments. When I was ready for botox, she said that she likes to discuss the LIS option for all botox patients in case she gets in there and sees a really nasty fissure that botox won’t heal. She doesn’t want to waste her patient’s time unnecessarily. I got to decide on the day of the procedure if I was open for both options or if I wanted botox only. I was so glad I let her make the call. She did the surgery, said my fissure was terrible and I must’ve been in agony (I was!). She made a conservative cut and I was pain free within a week. I am so grateful to Dr. Yu, she was an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. I highly recommend her!

I would also recommend her partner, Dr. James Myers. Dr. Myers is more experienced and came highly recommended by a family friend, a nurse who has worked with him for 30 years. She told me that all the nurses go to and trust Dr. Myers and she would have him do her surgery if she needed one. I was able to get an appointment with him more quickly than Dr. Yu so I did see him first. However, Dr. Myers doesn’t do botox and I was interested in that option so I switched doctors. He told me that he feels botox is not successful so he just does the LIS if the fissure doesn’t heal from initial conservative treatments. If you want LIS surgery, he would also be a great option.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9