It’s a right pain in the ass

AF healed but still lots of pain

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

It’s a right pain in the ass

Postby NikkiB69 » 13 Dec 2017, 14:42

Brief history - I had hemmeroid surgery Nov 2015, (paid to go private in the U.K.) surgeon accidentally left excess skin so did second procedure to remove that Jan 2016. (also private)
Subsequently left with fissure (my surgeon said he wouldn’t possibly have caused that! Haha of course he did!)
So now 2 years down the road and quite a few consultant and doctor visits later and A LOT of pain, I think the fissure is pretty much healed (Doc confirms) but I’m having trouble passing a BM. It feels as though it gets stuck (even though I don’t think I’m constipated, vegetarian diet, lots of fruit, water, herbal teas etc) as though my anal canal is constricted/tightened/narrowed??
Anyone with the same symptoms and have any advice what to do to ease the pain? Any idea what can be done without yet more surgery??
By the way, currently using GTN ointment and find warm water with healing salts helps and sitting on a hot beanie bag.
Thank you
NikkiB69
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: It’s a right pain in the ass

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 Jan 2018, 13:53

Hi Nikki,

I’ve had the same history as you relatively but the cause of my fissure goes way back to a big Bm around 6 years ago. I’ve been passed around by many surgeons and had little ops done to get rid of hemmis then to get rid of scar tissue that caused me so much bother

Since all my ops I rip open after every large bm and today I bled for the first time. I have a very good diet with plenty of water but that’s not enough for my body. I still get pain and twinges every single day and today I’m in lots of pain so sat on a hot water bottle, feeling rather helpless.

I feel your pain, literally!!

Big hugs

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56