Muscle pain underneath

Anal pain moving from one side to the other

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Muscle pain underneath

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 07 Dec 2016, 07:07

I suffer with constant anal pain which over the years I have deduced is in my muscles. It mostly sits on right hand side of anus but some days it moves over to the left or recently to vaginal area. It began two years ago after fissure surgery. There is at best a constant ache but when I touch the area it really hurts to apply pressure. I know I pain guard as I have issues with scar tissue and a skin tag which set off the muscles. I use Diazepam and avoid sitting, lying when I can. Any other coping strategies anyone can offer I would be very grateful.
Deleted User 4175

Re: Muscle pain underneath

Postby pafen » 08 Jan 2017, 20:36

You could try pelvic floor physiotherapy.
Hemroidectomy, anal abscess, fissure, LIS
Pelvic floor Dysfunction since late 2012
pafen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Re: Muscle pain underneath

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 09 Jan 2017, 16:19

Pafen, yes I have seen a couple of pelvic floor physios over the last couple of years. Sadly I find their treatments cause my symptoms to flare up even more and I take weeks to recover. I took the decision about 9 months ago to try to let nature take its course and try to forget I have issues down there. Keeping busy and learning the triggers to avoid. I do think there is a psychological element to this issue too. Trying to break the cycle of pain so to speak. Anyone agree?
Deleted User 4175