Anal Pain

Scar tissue

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Re: Anal Pain

Postby suzyljank » 19 Jan 2017, 22:57

Have your tried pure coconut oil?
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Pokey » 20 Jan 2017, 01:13

Pure coconut oil? How and for what exactly ?
Pokey
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby suzyljank » 20 Jan 2017, 07:18

It can help with itching for some people.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Pokey » 20 Jan 2017, 12:01

Calmoseptine or pranicure cream works pretty well for me. I drink 4 ounces of Aloe Vera every night which helps sooth my gut and keep things moving along. But a few days after I stop the calmoseptine the damn burning and itching comes back. It seems to be an repeating cycle that I can figure out the cause of. As I noted I don't use TP to wipe with only to pat dry after using my little travel bidet. The docs don't seem to know what causes the pruitis either.
Pokey
Salt Bather

Postby Pokey » 08 Apr 2017, 12:43

Its been a couple months since my last post. I've seemed to have leveled off now for a while. I got my small fissure to heal after a couple attempts . This is my second fissure that popped up 9 years after surgery. I asked why it would come back after doing well for 9 years. He had no explanation, it just happens to some people.......... I take magnesium daily, and a nightly dose of Miralax with Odwalla BlueBerry Monster smoothie :o) which seems to be s good combination to keep things soft and moving along. MY CRS said last time I saw him 3 weeks ago if I can keep things going this way that would be great. If not the only option would be another surgery of some sort with dilation as I understood him. Does anyone here know why these damn things come back to haunt us with no apparent cause? I don't know what I could have done to prevent it as it just came back out of the blue. Frustrating!!!
Pokey
Pokey
Salt Bather

Postby paine » 10 Apr 2017, 18:11

yes frustrating it is! for 10 weeks post op im still having pain/ discomfort after bm.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4