Spasms-looking to eliminate

Through exercises, therapy, etc.

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Spasms-looking to eliminate

Postby pdt935 » 01 Feb 2017, 14:46

Hi all!

I'm a 26 year old male who has anal spasms every time I dont pass a soft stool. They certainly are not classified as extreme, but enough to make me work from home and not able to do activities. It's hard to pin down exactly where the pain is, but I would say it's right on the sphincter on the right side mostly.

I'll pass a hard (or very VERY slightly impacted stool) and have zero pain until about an hour later when the spasms start. These will be consistent all day and start to subside at night. No matter how my BM goes the next day, the spasms will return. It takes about 3 days of soft BMs until the pain subsides.

All the doctors said I had a very small fissue, and my most recent visit showed it was healed (but I was having the spasms still). I don't think the AF pain was ever that bad.

Right now I seem to be in a decent spot having Constella and a good amount of fibre each day. I meditate and do 10-20 minutes of yoga, and am trying to get back into weightlifting. I am lucky that I can go out and have some drinks, etc, and the pain only happens once every 3 weeks or so.

I guess my questions would be:

1. Does it sound like a have pelvic floor dysfunction or anything else?

2. Can I strengthen parts of my body so I can pass not so perfect stools and not experience spasms? Maybe pelvic floor exercises, etc.

Edit: I would guess I have a high resting anal pressure, so maybe reverse kegels may be more applicable?

I would encourage anyone to follow my routine thus far and try to be stronger mentally. The mind is a powerful thing and I think part of this is all in my head!

Thanks, and I can answer any questions.
pdt935
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5