Chronic constipation and pain

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Chronic constipation and pain

Postby KIRSTY H » 22 Jun 2017, 09:25

Hi all been suffering with diverticulitis for 20yrs its driving me mad am chronically constipated and no release after passing bmd in fact stomach pain gets wors
I have this 24/4 from the moment I go.Long term movicol use and constantly sore anus and vagina
Had all sorts of tests but nothing showing up as abnormal
I am eighty yrs old live alone in England reall y feeling like harming myself rather than living the short time I have left
Movicol not doing much can I take fiber gel with movicol?
Just had eight steroid injections in back for constant back pain and after one week it's getting worse
Hosp said it can take 6 weeks for it to work but what with all my other pains I'm thinking now is the time to call it a day as I reall can't stand much more,cannot eat,cannot go out just lay in bed air day crying can anyone please help me KIRSTY H
KIRSTY H

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic constipation and pain

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jun 2017, 22:24

Hi Kirsty, so sorry to hear how you're suffering. It sounds really hard to deal with but please don't lose hope. Have you tried any other remedies for constipation besides movicol? You might need something that stimulates things like senna. Have your doctors given you any suggestions for that? I hope your back pain will get better too. I agree that the steroids can take time to kick in. So much pain gets old really fast and it's natural to feel hopeless but it could still get better. Do you have family who can come spend time with you on days you are in bed?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40