Aloe Vera gel in chronic AF study 2014!

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Aloe Vera gel in chronic AF study 2014!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Jun 2014, 07:41

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24763890

very interesting study on the use of Aloe Vera gel in cases of chronic AF!

have a look. x

for those who struggle to access the article, please see below for the conclusion summary:

"Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that promotes wound healing in burn injuries. A prospective clinical trial was conducted to evaluate the effects of a topical cream containing 0.5% Aloe vera juice powder in the treatment of chronic anal fissures. The aloe cream was applied by the patients to the wound site 3 times per day for 6 weeks following the instructions of a physician. Pain was assessed with a visual analog scale before treatment and at the end of each week of treatment. Wound healing and the amount and severity of bleeding were examined and evaluated before and at the end of each week of treatment. There were statistically significant differences in chronic anal fissure pain, hemorrhaging upon defection and wound healing before and at the end of the first week of treatment also in comparison with control group (p < 0.0001). In this study, a topical cream containing aloe vera juice was an effective treatment for chronic anal fissures. This is a promising result indicating that further comparative studies are justified."
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Aloe Vera gel in chronic AF study 2014!

Postby Shania213 » 10 Dec 2015, 02:40

Thanks for this-I have bought an aloe vera plant. Can you sue aloe vera juice from the plant on an open wound?
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Aloe Vera gel in chronic AF study 2014!

Postby Shania213 » 10 Dec 2015, 03:31

Just ried a small amount and its caused itching with me so only start off small..I tried on my hand and it was fine but when I tried a tiny bit on the top of my anal canal...not on a sore bit just to test Ive started to itch...so go slow.

Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14