To tie or not to tie?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

To tie or not to tie?

Postby aranea » 08 Dec 2015, 19:15

EDIT: I actually just did a bit of research and a lot of Youtubing... I'm pretty sure this thing is actually a hypertrophied anal papilla! From what I saw that is what looks most similar to my condition. The skin tags I had seen looked unfamiliar to me. There is also an apparent triad of chronic fissure which includes the presence of both skin tags and the papilla... Hmm. Interesting stuff! Any opinions on home removal for this papilla thing would be appreciated!

--

Hi all,

I am fairly certain that I have a sentinel pile; less so about AF. Years ago, I did used to have BMs with blood in the stool, pain with constipation, a lot of straining, etc. Now, I almost never have blood in my stool and while I do have to strain occasionally and have constipation, it isn't all too often painful. However, over that same duration, a little piece of skin that looks almost like a finger has descended out of my anus and now stays hanging down.

I really want to avoid going to a surgeon. Not only am I horribly embarrassed by this thing but I don't even know if something like a skin tag removal would be covered. It doesn't hurt most of the time, only when it is inflamed and irritated by clothes or by hard BMs. It's mostly a matter of cleanliness and self-consciousness. I don't know if that would fall under cosmetic or not. Anyway, I read on this forum and also on other sites that a possible removal technique was to tie string or floss around the tag and let it drop on its own. I'm worried about doing this because I wouldn't know how to prevent infection or how to bandage it. Has anyone ever done this, what was the after care like, and would you recommend this method?
Last edited by aranea on 08 Dec 2015, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
aranea

Topics: 2

Re: To tie or not to tie?

Postby Savaici » 08 Dec 2015, 19:34

Certainly would not recommend you attempt removing it yourself. EEEEEeeeek! Doctors, especially CRS, have seen these in their thousands. Your rear end would not be anything to them. Best thing is see a doctor and forget your modesty...so to speak. Welcome to the Forum!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: To tie or not to tie?

Postby jdirect » 27 Feb 2017, 06:09

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how you guys can an anal skin tag! I once asked my wife to tie my neck skin tag. It did work, but trust me it was so painful. It was excruciating.

If I do the same for the anal one, I would be like a jackal dancing around (due to pain). :)
jdirect
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2