Post skin tag removal - swelling

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Post skin tag removal - swelling

Postby scottishsorebum » 21 Aug 2017, 15:29

Hi everyone. I just thought I would come back to post an update on how I'm doing.

Tomorrow it will be one month since I had botox and skin tag removal. It's hard to see back there but the swelling certainly feels like it has reduced which is great!

I still have some pretty bad pain when I go to the toilet, but to be honest I'm willing to put up with it because it goes away pretty quickly, and touch wood, there has not been any itching the past few days (which always kind of bothered me more than the pain). So fingers crossed in another few weeks the pain will be gone too.

This would be amazing if it was all sorted! And really hope it doesn't come back!

xxx
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby julianalconte » 24 Aug 2017, 09:48

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm at the one month mark, I had the Kenalog procedure for one fissure and had one skin tag removed. I still have pain with BM, and it lasts for several hours after. Does this happen to you? Do you have spasms? Hoping it will go away soon!
julianalconte
Fibre Addict

Postby scottishsorebum » 31 Aug 2017, 10:55

Hi julianalconte! Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Kenalog procedure?
I'm still having pain with my BMs, but the pain goes away more or less straight away afterwards. I'm not really sure if the op has worked...
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby julianalconte » 31 Aug 2017, 11:05

I'm sorry to hear! The Kenalog is a procedure where they don't cut the muscle like LIS but they inject a steroid and cauterize the wound. I also had the skin tag removed.
julianalconte
Fibre Addict

Postby Lilyanna » 25 Sep 2017, 16:06

Hi guys. Can I ask how you're doing now? And who your surgeons were? I'm UK based and looking on getting a couple of separate opinions from good surgeons for the removal of a couple of pesky tags I have had for years!!
Lilyanna

Postby julianalconte » 25 Sep 2017, 20:22

Hi Lilyanna, I'm in the US and went to Dr. Daniel Fiengold in New York for the Kenalog Procedure. I'm at about 9 weeks post op and still having pain. It has been a slow recovery process but staying positive and hoping for more healing! He said at my 6 week visit that he expected that I would still be in pain since my fissure was pretty bad. I can keep you updated if you wish! The typical healing time frame is 3 months so hoping I will feel better by then. In terms of the skin tag that he removed, that pain has gone away. I would suggest doing it! Let me know if you have any more questions.
julianalconte
Fibre Addict

Postby shashank16997 » 28 Feb 2018, 08:34

Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil is a powerful anti-microbial and antiseptic has been used for ages to treat many skin problems including rectal skin tags. It genuinely possesses healing properties. It is organic and safe to be used at home.

How To Use:-

Clean the affected part. Dilute tea tree oil using water or jojoba oil in 1:3 ratio. Soak a cotton ball with this solution. Apply it to the affected part. Hold it for a few minutes. Repeat this 3 times in a day for a month or 6 weeks to get the result
Read More:- www.crazyhealthplan.com/anal-skin-tags/
shashank16997