sentinel pile

Sentinel pile... Should i remove?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

sentinel pile

Postby Chrystalline » 14 Aug 2017, 20:33

I have a fissure with 2 sentinels... Recently one sentinel pile has become inflamed and the doctor suggested I do rubberband ligation to get rid of it. I can feel the pile if I feel around, so it's external, right? Isn't it dangerous to do RBL for external? So I'm wondering if I should do it.... I'm scheduled tomorrow and I'm freaking!! Also, what about post procedure pain?? I have exams in 5 days!!
    Chrystalline
    Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: sentinel pile

Postby chachacha » 15 Aug 2017, 08:18

Could you have the external ones that you can feel, internal ones that he plans to remove by banding? I hope that you find out more today.
    Fissure since about 2007
    Fissure diagnosed in 2011
    Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
    LIS January, 2015
    Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
    chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Aug 2017, 10:07

Is he doing LIS or Botox with the banding because if not then you will still have the fissure that caused the sentinel pile. Also I agree my CRS said banding is not appropriate for external piles and actually left my external piles alone during my LIS as there is quite a few and he didn't want to risk the chance of stenosis
    Hope you get more info from him
    Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Chrystalline » 16 Aug 2017, 08:50

Thank you Chachacha and mypoorbutt for responding...
    He did the banding for the external piles... Hurt so bad while he was doing it and an hour after... But then I didn't have any pain at all... I did have a sore feeling that lasts till now, but the pressure or extreme pain wasn't there. I was really surprised since I've been reading that external piles cause a lot of pain.
    The BM in the morning had the normal pain associated with Fissures... I don't when the soreness and the post BM pain will reduce.
    He didn't do LIS or Botox since I don't have spasms. Also, he maintains that once the banded pile falls off, the fissure has a better chance of healing and the other pile will shrink with good diet and sitz bath.
    I'm not sure if I can believe him, I've been suffering with this for months. Seems too good to be true. I guess I'll wait and see...
    Any thoughts? Will this become better?
    Chrystalline
    Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Aug 2017, 11:36

If your not having spasms once the pile has gone then there is a good chance your fissure will heal as it's the spasms that reduce blood flow and impare healing.
    Good luck
    Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20