WOW, JUST FOUND OUT I HAD AN ABCESS AND FISTULA AND HAD SURG

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: WOW, JUST FOUND OUT I HAD AN ABCESS AND FISTULA AND HAD SURG

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 Dec 2011, 09:37

Merry Christmas to you too, Adam! :D
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well, but I do know what you mean about the slow healing process! I'm still healing too. I still bleed a very little bit with BMs, and there is still the tiniest bit of exudate (mostly clear or milky) when I press some TP against my butt - like maybe a bit more than a pinhead amount . My doc checked me out last week and said the fistulotomy wound is pretty much healed, but that there is likely some tissue a bit deeper inside that is irritated. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for April because my doc wants to make sure everything is definitely healed and in good shape by then.
How much puss are you getting? Are you sure it's pus and not just normal exudate? My doc also said I would heal in a month, then another and then another :roll: . But I can see that I am pretty much healed and the blood and exudate have slowed down A LOT over the last few weeks. So my guess is that yours will soon too.
I'm actually pretty happy - like you, I have no pain (KOW!) and I am living my life normally again. I even had some beer too! Image I'm also looking forward to the day when I don't have to clean my butt so obsessively - I'm pretty sure it's coming.
Here's to our completely healthy, happy butts, hopefully early in the new year! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby adam » 29 Dec 2011, 20:10

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. I think i should make an appointment with the doc soon to check my butt out.
I haven't had any blood with a bm for about a month now. And the only time i see the pus is when i take the corn starched cotton ball out of my butthole, and the amount is like 3/4 the size of a penny lightly glazed on the cotton ball.
I hope we all heal sooner than later, and i just hope i eventually do heal. In all honesty, i don't believe that february i'll be back to 100%.. but close to it. I've felt at about 85% healed for the last 2 months.
We'll just have to wait and see
Happy new year!!
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 30 Dec 2011, 10:37

Happy new year to you too, Adam! :D
I think it's a good idea to see the doc again. I'm not sure what to think about the pus. Image But I suppose that could be normal, and everything is ok, especially since you aren't in pain. Even so, It think you are right to get checked out.
I'm feeling about 97% healed - some days more like 97.986% Image Geeze, what a long strange trip it's been!
Please let us know what the doc says. Here's to a great healthy and happy 2012! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby adam » 13 Jun 2012, 19:26

Hey guys.. Sorry for the mia, i've been really busy... But great news. I can tell i'm healed now. I'm so glad. I can go to the washroom anywhere now and not worry about bringing and hiding my cleaning kit with me :) i can go whereever, and whenever. I can eat all foods but i still will forever eat more properly, and make sure i go to the washroom when i need to. It took almost a full year but i can now say this process is healable! So everyone with these anal problems, here is your proof!
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby jax » 14 Jun 2012, 01:49

Wow...thanks for coming back and informing us. We appreciate all the input and experience we can get. That is very good news to hear.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby thomthom » 14 Jun 2012, 20:40

Thanks so much for the update Adam!
This post has provided me with lots of great information. I'm going to the Rudd Clinic next week because of a suspected fistula and I am very nervous about it.
It gives me comfort knowing that you are all better. I had a fissure, abscess and now possible fistula. So, my first consultation is next week and I don't know if I would do what you did and got the surgery right there and then. But we'll see what happens.
thomthom

Postby owieher » 27 Sep 2012, 10:39

hello. im about 8 weeks in and still see minimal pus discharge. any ideas/
owieher
Salt Bather

Topics: 3