MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: MY SURGERY DIARY: LIS + FISTULA REPAIR

Postby jr2 » 07 Sep 2012, 15:11

You're definitely entitled to it. I think you're entitled to more than just a day, actually. Image
Sadly, I'm nursing a stomach flu, which neither my fissures nor my low weight needed right now. When I feel better I'm giving myself permission for some self pity too. Right now I still feel too sick and weak, so I'm making a note of it to remind myself.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Sep 2012, 05:02

TFKCMB,
Sorry to hear that news. Sooooooooo frustrating when you feel you are back on track. I so hope they manage to sort it out soon again. Glad to hear your positive attitude is keeping you going through it all!!
I feel pretty much like you........
I feel like things are "tight" down there and my morning BM was OK but there's one area down there on the left that it definately a "sore" patch and very sensitive when passing a BM. I can feel it and then mild discomfort, soreness and some itching on & off, then the discomfort seems to radiate around the whole area. It's just so confusing and irritating and I wish the NHS would speed up a bit with us sufferers over here as it takes so much time and I swear things get worse whilst having to hang around in the meantime......
Strangely enough, the troublesome area is where everything started off back last December. The fistula area to the right seems healed but there's this discomfort now back on the left right where the original fissure started. I give up trying to figure out what's going on and where's it all leading next!.... It doesn't feel like the original fissure symptoms, so I do wonder if there was something that was missed at the last EUA. I can't believe when they performed the fistulomy back in June that they would have missed something or did they? Bit concerning....Gosh at least you are getting some honest information from your CRS.
Hoping that things pick up for you and please update. So sorry again to hear of your frustration. Grrrr!!!!
Jnr - Sorry you are feeling rubbish. I hope you pick up very soon too.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Sep 2012, 04:54

Hi TFCKMB,
How are you doing now???
Been wondering how you have been getting on?? :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby jr2 » 29 Sep 2012, 22:54

Just wanted to also add a note of inquiry as to how you are doing, and am hoping you're feeling better?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Sue27uk » 30 Sep 2012, 05:47

Thisfissure, I am so sorry to hear this. How are things going now? Got to admit I'm not really much improved yet either!! Updated on my thread. But I hope you are feeling better very soon and if not, that the CRS can sort it out for you. I'm not with the NHS or private or waiting for a follow up now, but am changing my GP start of November so the fight with the NHS begins all over again :( Sooo frustrating! Anyway, hope you are feeling a little better Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Jun 2013, 10:19

The conclusion: after four months, my fissure fully healed. I have had several visits with my CRS since then and he said everything looks great. The skin is nice and smooth, and you would never even know I had surgery if you didn't know I had surgery.
I am back to eating anything (ANYTHING!) I want without incident (however, I do stay away from corn). I take 1/2 dose of Miralax every morning to keep everything nice and soft, and I expect to for life. I don't take any additional fiber supplements or intentionally eat high fiber foods.
My advice if you have a fissure? Find the BEST colorectal surgeon (CRS) you can and if they recommend LIS, go for it.
The (rear) end!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Return to Fistula Success Stories