Had my surgery now on with recovery i hope

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: Had my surgery now on with recovery i hopR or e

Postby richibeno » 21 Feb 2014, 21:37

Hi Dewilly
Keep a good diet lots of water ect try to keep your bms soft '
I still use my shower head like a bidet too keep clean '
After an hour or so I sometimes have to have a quick clean '
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: Had my surgery now on with recovery i hope

Postby Dewlilly » 10 Mar 2014, 16:13

Had a check up today with the surgeon ... he asked .. any leakage, any blood any pain ... no to all 3 and he said well no need to even have a look. I explained that my only issue is the reclean i do after each bm and he said that can happen .. so i guess all is well and he did say i should try and keep the stool soft and easy flowing so i am thinking i need to add something to my routine like mineral oil or olive oil ... i have a stool softner but scared of taking that everyday.. any thoughts
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Dewlilly » 17 May 2014, 20:21

Wow a year ago today I had my perianal abscess drained after a 14hr stay in an emergency room ... That action took my on a road filled with depression, fistula, pain, surgery ..... But after all of that it has made a better person and I truly look at life differently ... Thank you to all members here this site kept me sane and truly helped me through
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Postby richibeno » 17 May 2014, 21:26

Hey hi
I take a magnesium Henley every day 'tescos own brand 300 mg I think 'i believe this helps me tk keep tings softer 'i m not a good eater '
Plenty of water
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby agabozy » 29 May 2014, 08:52

please i need your help .....I had done fistulectomy operation 3 weeks ago,,, and it is still discharging purulent discharge as before ,,,,and the wound very slow in healing ,,,,,,and i have noticed that (the pustule-like lesion which present in the external opening of the fistula before the operation) appear again in the wound (it like a red small elevation in the wound ),,,,and i asked my doctor and he say that is normal.....and i feel that it will be reccurent fistula ..........what do you think please help???????
agabozy

Postby Dewlilly » 29 May 2014, 09:15

Hi agaboyz I think ur doc could be right when I had my fistulotomy it had puss/discharge for about 7.5 weeks. .. it takes a long time to heal also I didn't think mine was healing at all but it was I just couldn't really tell. .. I totally understand ur nervousness this is a scary thing to go through I didn't see any docs throughout my healing and things happened just fine ... One thing the doc told me was if there was another fistula I would notice my pain to be the same as it was before the surgery and honestly my pain level was zero after the surgery and 8-10 before surgery ... hope this info helps lots if good people here to help out and support
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Postby agabozy » 29 May 2014, 09:26

But I want to ask how the red elevation(pustule-like lesion) which present before in the external opening which excised in the fistulectomy operation returned back in the same site in the margin of the wound ......that make me very scared that fistula will return back after the wound healed completely ....what do u think?
agabozy

Postby Dewlilly » 29 May 2014, 09:44

I think these things can go so many ways I'm not sure how urs will turn out but if ur not sure keep on the docs ... sorry I can't give much help that way I did notice on mine that where the outside hole was where it leaked in thought was going reform into the exit hole of the fisuta but it didn't It laid out flat
Dewlilly
Salt Bather