Simple Fistula Surgery 2014, Now Fissures :-(

My journey -

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: Simple Fistula Surgery 2014, Now Fissures :-(

Postby Manitourose » 20 Feb 2017, 09:42

Hi everyone!

My apologies for not getting back sooner. It's been a crazy last week. But I promise I'm lurking behind the computer. No worries about the hijacking, that's what we are here for.

Alishka_e -- I've been thinking of your since I read your note late last night. I planned on reaching out today to organize a way to email/chat. My apologies if I am slow as I am just moved in the last few months and just am in the process of accepting a new position, so lots of on and off the phone with them.

I agree with Savaici -- definitely listen to the CRS. When we chat I'll explain at least on my experience. I can't speak to what I think you should do since we can't sub for medical advice. But have no fear, we'll be here to support you every step of your journey.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Stay calm, breathe and take care of yourself. -- This stuff feels intense, overwhelming, and it really does get in the way of life. BUT, as you find your team/routine (a CRS you feel confident with, support, daily routine as you go through this) it does feel better and become more manageable.

2. It's OK to seek out other CRS' to feel out who works best for your, both in explaining things and trust if you do choose surgery.

3. Surgery -- if you decide on it. Again breath! Mind you I probably wanted to smack or laugh at anyone who reminded me to stay calm as I went through the process of learning about and dealing with my fistula. But, from those who have personally gone through it I think many of us can say that taking it step by step and breathing/self care is key.

4. Where are all the people with bum problems?!?!? -- So when I had surgery and follow ups and even now 2 years out, I can't believe the amount of people I have been told or met who have had similar issues. However, when I was also in the middle of the same stage you are in I felt desperately alone and confused about why this had happened. Just know, you aren't alone and while no one seems to talk about these experiences in our everyday lives, I promise doctors see many of us and again, we're here for you!

5. Once you get used to navigating this board you'll find lots of info that you need from those who have had very similar experiences to recommendations of doctors others have used.

I'll send you a PM now. Hang in there and don't forget to breath as your navigate this.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby alishka_e » 20 Feb 2017, 10:25

Thank you Savaici for the response. I am really in distress.
alishka_e
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 20 Feb 2017, 15:33

:huggies: I am sure that Manitourose will have some good advice for you. Just take it all a minute at a time. It will come right.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby alishka_e » 20 Feb 2017, 17:02

Thank you so much. I am desperate.
alishka_e
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1