Advancement Flap Surgery

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Mar 2009, 11:52

Well- today I can at least sit on my butt.

But unless you've been instructed by one of your medical professionals to do so, don't! Enjoy the company of your pets on that bed. It will be boring and time will drag, but soon these couple weeks will just be a memory!
Good luck, KB!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Mar 2009, 12:32

Hey - great that you feel better today Image - just keep pampering that behind of yours - take baths, sit on your side , or recline LOL- give your "tush" some "breathing space" LOL !!!
I had my second LIS at the end of August last year. It is now almost 7 months since that and I am happy to say that all is well "down South" KTW :luckyeyes: !!! I had no stitches - my CRS preferred it staying open to drain and to form "extra tissue" to close the "gap" so my anus would be more "expandable" LOL
I bet your daughter will take good care of you - I have two and without them and my hubby I really do not how I would have survived Image
Take it easy Kerry-Berry - listen to the Kim !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby KerrBear » 21 Mar 2009, 13:04

Ok- I tried to sit in a chair by the piano while my little girl practiced the piano and I quickly ended up back in bed. NO sitting for me afterall.
I think it is interesting you CRS did not use stitches. Now that makes sense that I have big gaps after the stitches dissolved for it to drain. So- you really think in about a week I will feel better?? Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Mar 2009, 13:16

Kerry sweetness - listen to ME lol - first rule of post op period is : " Thou shell not give yourself a strict time frame to heal " !!! Second : " Thou shell not force yourself to do too much too soon" Third: " Thou shell listen to your butt needs and act accordingly" Fourth: " Thou shall keep your butt as clean as possible and have regular long warm baths"
Fifth: " Thou shall keep your pain under control since it helps with healing on many levels" Sixth : " Thou shall keep your poop nice and soft for 8-12 months minimum, preferably for life" Seventh: " Read all of the above many times a day so thou shall not forget any "
Yes, if you take GOOD care of your nice little butt lol, you will feel better and better every week ! Image Now go and lay down and enjoy your "butt vacation" time LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby KerrBear » 22 Mar 2009, 20:41

How Funny! I should post those rules on the mirror! I am feeling so much better today. So much better!!! Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby KerrBear » 28 Mar 2009, 20:40

Hey Friends- Today I am out and about. Driving and walking around the mall. The doctor was right about the timeline on recovery, I guess he has done it before! I go back to work on Monday. Since I teach school I am on my feet alot but I will find me a nice padded chair and make the kids work around me. Hope I can make it all 8 hours.
Pooping is better... I have created a phobia about public restrooms. Anyone else do that?? I guess I feel rushed Image Anyways- I am on road to recovery! Anyone getting the advanced flap I caution you about the recovery, but in a few weeks and months I can tell you if the results are worth it. Do you really think out of all these people on this site I am around the 1st for that procedure? :o
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Mar 2009, 06:09

Wow, now that is super news KB! All that lying around with novels, TV and pups helped do the trick! Do be grateful, some boardies here didn't heal so fast and some still haven't healed even after repeated surgeries!
Well, I certainly hate using public restrooms, but that is not related to my former butt problems, I just like my privacy (and cleanliness) -- I had just told a boardie in a PM how men's restrooms are the worst!! Not a bit of privacy!
I think you may be the first, I'd have to research that. You're certainly the first with such stunning results!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 29 Mar 2009, 06:59

KB,
I'm sure your sense of humor and positive outlook also helped you with such a speedy recovery. Good luck on returning to your school regimen.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby KerrBear » 29 Mar 2009, 19:37

Getting ready for work tomorrow. As long as I sit I should be ok... Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2009, 08:37

I would never poop in public restroom Image
Great to hear you are feeling much better Image
Kerrbear :sunny:I hope your butt is kind to you today - Goodluck !