Advancement Flap Surgery - My experience

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery - My experience

Postby Dizzywoo » 22 Jul 2016, 13:36

Hi Elkin,

It's been a few years since this post - I'm hoping that you are all fixed with no further problems?
I'm going in for this op (NHS) next week and it was really helpful to read your story, thank you so much for posting :)
Dizzywoo

Postby Charlies_angel » 02 Nov 2016, 13:49

Hi Dizzwoo

How did you AF surgery go? Mine is booked in for 5th December!

Cheers
Charlie
Charlies_angel

Postby Brum » 22 Jan 2018, 14:49

Hey Guys,

I had anal flap surgery 6 days ago (high fistula), been in a fair bit of pain so lots of pain killers. Have a large open wound by my anus, about 2" x 1" x 1" very scary to look at. Had it done under Bupa, nurses have been packing the wound but now I have to do it myself with gauze. I'll be truthful, it stinks!

BM is ok, bit painful as I have stiches inside my anus so will take a while to heal I guess. The wound looks grim but I've been assured by the consultant, who is very good, all is ok and it's normal. Nurses say the same thing, after BM shower and hairdryer no paper, repack with gauze as best I can, bleeds a little when I take gauze out.

Consultant said to have a bath 2 times a day if I can and give it a gentle rub inside the wound with some soap to keep it open. Really important to keep it open, don't be scared to get your finger in and give it a clean. Very sore but manageable!

Donut ring cushion well worth the money though lying flat is the most comfortable. Get that cushion!!!

Hope this helps, ask if you got a question, still early days yet but keep positive, it's very easy to get anxious and worry like I have been. Nurses help to reassure you, life goes on, if you think you can't go on, go on and on and on (sorry it's a Captain Sensible song)!!! Give it a listen!
Brum

Postby Lsfb1989 » 14 May 2018, 15:31

Hiya, how are you feeling now? How ling did you have off work and off driving? X
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19