Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

Postby tiredofpain » 25 Jan 2013, 20:21

Hi anya, I am so glad you are doing so well after surgery. I had anoplasty six months ago and it was th best descision I made. I went into surgery with pain and that was the last day I had the horrible fissure pain/spasm.
First few months are crucial according to my doctor. Make sure you do not have hard bm at all costs. I am glad to see another positive story on anoplasty. If you have any questions on recovery do pm me and I will be glad to help. take care.
tp
tiredofpain
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Anya324 » 25 Jan 2013, 23:39

I have a spot that has begun to give me some trouble. It's at the tip of the "roof" so to speak. It's painful and a little red and just beginning to ooze. ;( Going to call in the morning and see what they say but I'm really not looking forward to the 90 minute drive for them to tell me what I already know.... Sigh. Hoping they'll tell me I can go to my local ER for care. ---watch, I'll go there and sit for hours waiting to be seen. Haha.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby PIA » 26 Jan 2013, 00:10

Good luck Anya. Hopefully it is just a minor setback. I fully understand about not looking forward to the drive. My CRS is two hours drive away. My next trip in February I am going to book into a flash hotel next to the hospital for the night before and the night after. One with a spa bath. Bit of an extravagance but at the moment me and my bum are top priority. Keep on doing all the good things that have helped you up to now. Just be super gentle with the spot that is sore. Thinking of you XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Anya324 » 28 Jan 2013, 15:11

Dr says its nbd. It'll heal. I am going to up my Miralax dose a little to keep my stools softer as they've been firming up recently. That could be the culprit. Idk. This all such a guessing game.... Sigh....
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 28 Jan 2013, 15:26

Good to hear all is well and going as expected. Are you glad you had the surgery, I know it hasn't been that long but have you noticed a difference. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby delasama » 28 Jan 2013, 16:07

i will pray for you.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Anya324 » 29 Jan 2013, 00:49

I'm confused right now. And scared. I just gotta keep my stools soft and not be so worried about cleaning up after them. Every BM=hot shower for my butt. Thinking of keeping a spray bottle of bleach in the shower to cleanse it right after I've sprayed the goo off. Don't want E. and his little buddy Coli having a big party on my shower floor.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby PIA » 29 Jan 2013, 03:22

It is a pain that we are always worried about doing the right thing to ensure our healing..we can tend to over do things, which I am sure is cause we are frightened of the alternative. Go easy on the bleach idea. I understand you want to kill all the bugs but that stuff will wipe out every bug even the good ones which makes room for the overgrowth of e and coli. I think ensure the wound area is dry after cleaning up..avoid getting sweaty. Look after yourself so your body can heal itself...you know the same old things as before, water, lots of fresh fruit and veges, Vit A, B C and E. and some probiotics to keep the good bugs in your gut. add a bit of laughter and remember that we are all sending healing thoughts to you . XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PIA » 29 Jan 2013, 03:24

Oh and also.. if it is at all possible that you can have a shower and toilet just for you till you are fully healed that will greatly reduce the chance of unwanted bugs dropping by for a visit. Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Anya324 » 30 Jan 2013, 18:08

Hey all! Doing well here. Have a Slight infection around the sutchers so dr put me on Flagyl for a week. I have been doing a sitz bath or two daily to help with discomfort/itching and to keep the area clean. I keep them short and stick a paper towel (viva is our brand of choice-nice and soft for my hiney!) in between my cheeks and get dressed. Once I'm sure I'm dry I switch out the paper towel for a pad. Dr says its very important to keep dry and have soft BMs. Didnt have the best diet past few days and my stool reflected that. I have to stay away from large amounts of white flour (for instance, a whole papa johns pizza over 3 days time is not a good isea...). Everything in moderation, right?
Today is the first day I haven't taken any pain medicine. I was doing well until the twins were brought back home today (stayed with mil 3 days while dh was oot). Now that they're home I'm on the go and very much want to take a pill. But it's only an hour to go and then I'm off the clock until 3:15 tomorrow so I think I can make it :)
Two of my stitches, one inside and one outside, have come loose or pulled through. CRS and I don't know how that happened cuz I've kept my stools soft enough but he says I'll heal regardless. His last day is tomorrow and I have a follow up in 3 weeks with his partner. He told me to call/text his personal cell and let him know the date and time and he'll try to be there. Have I mentioned before how much I love this man?!? Lol
Will post again soon Image
Anya324
Salt Bather